Caicedo or Benjani?

Sturridge if he's fit, Caicedo or Benjani shouldnt even make the bench when the season is over.

vbr said:
Sturridge if he's fit, Caicedo or Benjani shouldnt even make the bench when the season is over.

Problem is Sturridge is not suited to playing up front in the lone striker role. We have a shit load of quality players whose best position is just off the main striker (Robinho, Elano, Ireland, Bellamy, Sturridge), but not a single quality target man. The way I see it is we have three options only:- Caicedo, Benjani, or Evans. Unfortunately, one of these is crap, one is really crap, and the other is really really crap. It's a matter of opinion which is which, but it's really frustrating that fat Sam put the block on RSC, and Bojinov isn't eligible to play. In short, we're stuffed!

hgblue said:
vbr said:

Problem is Sturridge is not suited to playing up front in the lone striker role. We have a shit load of quality players whose best position is just off the main striker (Robinho, Elano, Ireland, Bellamy, Sturridge), but not a single quality target man. The way I see it is we have three options only:- Caicedo, Benjani, or Evans. Unfortunately, one of these is crap, one is really crap, and the other is really really crap. It's a matter of opinion which is which, but it's really frustrating that fat Sam put the block on RSC, and Bojinov isn't eligible to play. In short, we're stuffed!

Look at it another way. If Sturridge wants his big contract, step up to the plate and lead the line, son.

vbr said:
hgblue said:
vbr said:

Look at it another way. If Sturridge wants his big contract, step up to the plate and lead the line, son.

I hear what you're saying. Just can't help thinking about Middlesborough away when he had a nightmare in that position. Hamburg is a really big game for us, and it's a major gamble to play a youngster out of position. We need someone strong, who is comfortable with his back to goal and can hold the ball up to take the pressure off the back four, as well as allowing our attack minded midfielders to get forward. Sturridge has many strong points, but that isn't one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.