calling a woman pretty.

The wife and I were once having a look around York Minster and there was a very pretty girl working there. I whispered to the wife 'my word, she's a pretty girl', but the magnificent acoustics of Britain's finest cathedral caused that innocent whisper to become magnified to Brian Blessed proportions!

The poor young lass went bright red, still feel bad about it. During evensong too!

pinkwheeltrim said:
The wife and I were once having a look around a Swingers Sex Club and there was a very pretty girl working there. I whispered to the wife 'my word, she's a pretty girl', but the magnificent acoustics of Britain's finest cathedral caused that innocent whisper to become magnified to Brian Blessed proportions!

The poor young lass went bright red, still feel bad about it. During evensong too!

Fixed for you mate.

Pelly Greeny said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
I can't see what you've done wrong, exactly. It's an innocent compliment, paying people compliments is a nice thing to do. But she might have taken it the wrong way when you said, "Oh, I thought you'd be fighting them off". She might feel like she doesn't live for your approval, so to speak. I'm sure you don't feel like she does either, but she might just be a little offended. Who knows? I'm not her.

If you're upset about how you're being perceived by the girl and your colleagues at the moment then I'd suggest just talking it through with her once the dust has settled. It can't do any harm and you can just find out how she felt to make it seem like she disliked your comment. From there you can work out a solution or apologise, no great shakes.

Worked in many offices have you?
A couple of times with small groups, but never for very long. What makes you ask?

pinkwheeltrim said:
The wife and I were once having a look around York Minster and there was a very pretty girl working there. I whispered to the wife 'my word, she's a pretty girl', but the magnificent acoustics of Britain's finest cathedral caused that innocent whisper to become magnified to Brian Blessed proportions!

Still, the threesome in the vestry was fun, although I don't normally go for fat girls in PVC as a rule...

Pelly Greeny said:
I can't see what you've done wrong, exactly. It's an innocent compliment, paying people compliments is a nice thing to do. But she might have taken it the wrong way when you said, "Oh, I thought you'd be fighting them off". She might feel like she doesn't live for your approval, so to speak. I'm sure you don't feel like she does either, but she might just be a little offended. Who knows? I'm not her.

If you're upset about how you're being perceived by the girl and your colleagues at the moment then I'd suggest just talking it through with her once the dust has settled. It can't do any harm and you can just find out how she felt to make it seem like she disliked your comment. From there you can work out a solution or apologise, no great shakes.

Worked in many offices have you?
A couple of times with small groups, but never for very long. What makes you ask?

Because it doesn't work like that. If the dust has settled you don't go and go and try to offer a solution or an apology and stir it all up again ffs - or you really will get them talking about you.

It can do a lot of harm bringing it back up of she's laid it to rest - best forgotten about and wait for the next office night out and the who's shagged who chat the following Monday morning.

Not sure if OP has said exactly what it is that these other people have said or done to make him feel this way? It might be that they just don't like him anyway and this has just fueled their pre-existing feelings of dislike and contempt towards him.

Who knows?

Who really cares?

Other than the OP of course ................... and the girl that is onto the solicitors right now finding out how much they think she could get in a sexual harassment case.

Mayor West said:
Right, I'm being thought of as a right weirdo at work now solely for calling a girl pretty. I am happily married and have no interest in this girl romantically whatsoever, I just said it not really thinking it was that weird.

So should I have just not said anything and kept my thoughts to myself? Do you never call a woman good looking unless you are single and looking for something? Just thought it an odd reaction to what I thought was a completely innocent comment!

Stick to being nice. I can't go into detail but in a previous job I found that a lot females of high school age are treated like shit by their male peers. So much so that the young females see it as normal behaviour - which it is not!

The other guys in your office sound like immature cunts and the pretty girl in the office will hopefully have no interest in them because decent blokes give innocent and nice compliments.

dobobobo said:
Mayor West said:
Right, I'm being thought of as a right weirdo at work now solely for calling a girl pretty. I am happily married and have no interest in this girl romantically whatsoever, I just said it not really thinking it was that weird.

So should I have just not said anything and kept my thoughts to myself? Do you never call a woman good looking unless you are single and looking for something? Just thought it an odd reaction to what I thought was a completely innocent comment!

Stick to being nice. I can't go into detail but in a previous job I found that a lot females of high school age are treated like shit by their male peers. So much so that the young females see it as normal behaviour - which it is not!

The other guys in your office sound like immature cunts and the pretty girl in the office will hopefully have no interest in them because decent blokes give innocent and nice compliments.

So you reckon he's in with a chance then?

BWTAC said:
dobobobo said:
Mayor West said:

So you reckon he's in with a chance then?

Depends on how it goes at the Christmas do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.