Calling all cycling enthusiasts...

S S

Summerbuzz

Just got hold of my PInnacle Neon 2017. It's my second as the first had to be returned because the rear wheel was pretty deformed.

I'm looking at this one now and am pretty confused.
I can't quite tell how large the wobble in these wheels are, and if it's realistic for me to true it by hand with a spoke key.

A lot of sites say anything within 1mm is acceptable - this doesn't make a lot of sense to me when I've read that the brake pads should be 1.5mm from the rim.

The Rear Wheel is the obvious candidate.

1. You can see one big kink where it moves horizontally from the brake pad.

...fortunately it is very true in terms of up and down movement.

2. The front wheel is a bit more of a head scratcher there seems to be a bit of up and down/vertical deviation.

3. Something similair is happening on the horizontal.

But I'm not sure how big or significant any those kinks are.

It will probably have to go back because it came with a torn saddle, but any help would be appreciated.

I don't want to spend the rest of my life signing for bikes then sending them back.

What is acceptable in a ~£450 bike, and what can I realistically do with some spoke keys but no wheel jig?

Looks like the wheels just need a trueing and it’s always good practice to do it with any new wheel after a 100 miles or so, if you are close to an Evans nip in with it and get them to do it, 20 min job with a jig without a pain in the arse.

chuck it in the bin,it will be raining soon and no one will be using bikes ,plus you will look silly in your very tight cycling outfit and as your a fat bloke you will look like an over stuffed sausage, get a car :)

chuck it in the bin,it will be raining soon and no one will be using bikes ,plus you will look silly in your very tight cycling outfit and as your a fat bloke you will look like an over stuffed sausage, get a car :)
th

Are you kidding? Binmen won't take it. £80 quid to get the council out for a large item.

Otherwise, spot on, pretty much how I feel.

Honestly lads. 6 replies, and I know full well that not one of you has actually viewed it on youtube.

Honestly lads. 6 replies, and I know full well that not one of you has actually viewed it on youtube.
I honestly did,but on the side of the video it had the aguero goal from a different angle ,so I cant help you anymore because ive got to sit through 15 hours of the aguero goal hahaha again :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.