Calling fans in Highlands & Islands

Roiseal

Lockdown has seen a huge number of people relocate to he Highlands & Islands of Scotland from elsewhere in the UK. I am aware of several ex-pat City fans just in my own small area, so it must be the same across our region and in Inverness. In addition, the success of the team has given us new fans - take a look at any kids football coaching and see the number of kids in City kits.

There are a few of us who are connected via Twitter but we wanted to gauge demand for an official branch of the supporters us so please join or share the link to our Facebook group. Up The Blues!:

Good luck. I’m in the South West of England and there’s a handful of City fans down here - all with direct Manchester connections. Still waiting to meet a City ”Trophy Hunter” in 14 years down here. Did supply teaching and only ever encountered 2 Manchester City pencil cases!! Both kids got immediate rewards. CTID and “Up the Blues”……..

I remember driving up to a job in deepest darkest Fife years ago and the manager was a City supporter from Bramhall.
E63D8C47-DA45-4757-93CA-98A4EA555A10.jpeg

My son is on holiday in South Uist as I write, and we holiday in Mull every year. I would love to be able to join this supporters group, but I fear it may never happen.

Lockdown has seen a huge number of people relocate to he Highlands & Islands of Scotland from elsewhere in the UK. I am aware of several ex-pat City fans just in my own small area, so it must be the same across our region and in Inverness. In addition, the success of the team has given us new fans - take a look at any kids football coaching and see the number of kids in City kits.

There are a few of us who are connected via Twitter but we wanted to gauge demand for an official branch of the supporters us so please join or share the link to our Facebook group. Up The Blues!:

It's a great point that you make about the success of the team giving us new fans.

I live in Suffolk and there is a large number of kids (ages 7 up to late teens) out and about in City shirts. Our success over the last decade has earned us a young generation of fans across the UK (and no doubt further afield) - fans who will presumably support City for life.

I think back to all the kids around the UK wearing Liverpool shirts in the 80's, a new generation wearing United shirts in the 90's and 00's, back then you'd struggle to see a City seen anywhere outside the North West

Now they are young kids in City shirts everywhere. That can only be good for the club in the long run.

I go up to Scotland 2-3 times a year, just because we love the country.
Always take some colours to spread the gospel while I'm there

I have converted five people into Blues. Three from Northern Ireland, my sister who was born on the day of the Munich air disaster and a cousin. My youngest has several Americans at uni converted. Follow the rule of five and in time the world will be Blue.
In Scotland you may have to jump through hoops to do the same, but it can be done;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.