Callum Doyle | On loan at Leicester City

Look a great prospect but he has only played one game let’s hope he keeps his standard up we know young kids have dips in form

Look a great prospect but he has only played one game let’s hope he keeps his standard up we know young kids have dips in form
I watched the match on Saturday on Sunderlands' TV and was impressed with Doyle, however, like you I would assess his progress at the end of the season, hopefully he will play about thirty games this season.

I watched the match on Saturday on Sunderlands' TV and was impressed with Doyle, however, like you I would assess his progress at the end of the season, hopefully he will play about thirty games this season.

Latest rumour is we’re letting Bailey Wright go (to Wigan, who appear to be signing our team from last season so mustn’t fancy promotion!) so that leaves young Doyle and one other senior centre half on our books who isn’t long term injured.

He’ll play loads.

Looks a really exciting prospect, will be interesting to see how he gets on. Brilliant loan move for the kid.

A player from West Ham United and one from Manchester City - two top Premiership clubs. And two players that rank among, if not are, the highest rated signings since we went down from the Championship.

Pressure is on LJ more than ever I think to get an effective and successful tactical set up with two players from two very big clubs in the biggest and best league in the country in his hands. Spotting a bad player in that league is like spotting a yellow needle in a haystack. If he can get one in place and he can get the best from already exceptionally good players who are already the two best in League One then we give ourselves the best chance since we went down to believe we might go up. Be it automatic or through the playoffs. To be playing the likes of Nottingham Forest, Luton Town and Milwall again would be a dream for me.

I’m another ST holder at SAFC and another who was mightily impressed on Saturday.
I thought he was (understandably) a little nervous in the first ten minutes but after that he simply glided through the game

He has all the hallmarks of serious potential but clearly the gap to your first team these days is enormous - time will tell if he can take that step but he must have a chance

And in the meantime he’s helping us whilst experiencing big match atmospheres. We had more in the ground on Saturday than any of the Championship games…….but we really really have to get out of League 1 this season

cheers and good luck for the season
I really hope that Sunderland go up but you have the same problem we did at that level - playing you is every other team's cup final although I guess that Ipswich and Wednesday probably have the same issue.

I know that the fans of the League One team I live close to are buzzing about playing Ipswich on Tuesday. I might go along my self and will certainly go when Sunderland play there.

It s a bit odd that they have signed another centre back on loan - Frderik Alves 21 from West Ham. Hope that it does not mean that Doyle will be squeezed out.

I really hope that Sunderland go up but you have the same problem we did at that level - playing you is every other team's cup final although I guess that Ipswich and Wednesday probably have the same issue.

I know that the fans of the League One team I live close to are buzzing about playing Ipswich on Tuesday. I might go along my self and will certainly go when Sunderland play there.

It s a bit odd that they have signed another centre back on loan - Frderik Alves 21 from West Ham. Hope that it does not mean that Doyle will be squeezed out.

he won’t, I’m sure they will play together

How did our boy get on today?
Invested as you are. Been lurking and waiting. Also nice to hear others wax lyrical about him.

I think we both have players in the youth set up that we really want to make it at City. I’m crossing fingers, toes and everything for it to happen.

Invested as you are. Been lurking and waiting. Also nice to hear others wax lyrical about him.

I think we both have players in the youth set up that we really want to make it at City. I’m crossing fingers, toes and everything for it to happen.
Done a bit of research and he apparently had an effective,if not eye catching,game.It wasn't a game for the purist and it was difficult for him to show his passing/technical qualities.
The fans are still very impressed with him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.