Callum Doyle | On loan at Leicester City

Striker! Full backs too
Liam Delap in that case, Roary Delap's son. An aggressive (sometimes overly so :( ), quick, technically proficient big lad who plays as striker. He seems to be in need of 1st team games rather than U23s now. Have a word with Txiki.

I'd say so, needs to be challenged in the Championship at least for his development.
Liam Delap is further in his development than Callum Doyle.
Apparently Doyle had an excellent debut for Sunderland yesterday. But is he guaranteed a regular start ? At Centre Half, a mistake can result in an opposing goal and very quickly, you can lose confidence and your place in the team.
At 17 years of age, I hope Doyle can be the regular left-sided CH for Sunderland.
But, in a long, tough, 46 game League season (plus Cup ties) against some wily old League 1 veterans, would it be seen as a success to play between 25-30 games ?
As an Academy player, Doyle also isn't used to playing on some of the unpredictable League 1 pitches.

We should very carefully look at where Delap is loaned. Personally, as he is older and a little more experienced, I feel 30 games plus would be a fair target. At a top half Championship team, this should be achievable.
Would West Brom, Blackburn or Stoke need a raw young talent who would give you all the effort in the world ? I would imagine they would.
Alternatively, send Delap to Brighton, where he would learn a lot from Graham Potter, although perhaps more as a squad player ?

Is he too good for league 1? Genuine question, I’ve never heard of him

his father had a ridiculous throw in
To be honest, when I posted earlier I'd forgotten that you'd dropped to the 1st division. By all accounts half the Championship clubs have enquired after him for this coming season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.