Callum Doyle | On loan at Leicester City

I don’t think it’s a change of policy, just that the loan has to be right for the player.

THB, who is also highly-rated by City, spent the second half of last season at Blackburn.

Phil Foden didn’t go out on loan because he is an exceptional talent.
Players in some positions like centre back, centre forward and the heart of the midfield will benefit more from a loan because of the physical element involved. Playing against streetwise, physical and at times dirty and over-aggressive League One strikers will no doubt be a culture shock at first but also an important learning experience he just wouldn’t get in the PL2/EDS.

Not watched to much of the EDS but he’s been one of the stand outs from a highly talented bunch from the games I’ve watched. Great loan move imo.

I’m quite excited about him signing for a season after reading what you lads have said about him, if he can handle the aggression in this league sounds like he will be a great addition for the season

Starting in a pre season game for them today. Lots of praise for him on twitter already, fans really seem to like him

I like this move a lot. Playing at that level at that age will bring on any defender leaps and bounds. Hopefully Sunderland have a good season and he gets himself enough game time there. I hope we send more kids that age out on loan, I feel we put a bit too much importance on staying in the EDS to learn to play our way. They've been doing it for years in the youth teams, a year or two trying to implement those skills at a club that doesn't neccesarily have the same philosophy and where winning is key to survival can be huge. getting them on loan helps them to develop physically and mentality as well as getting them out of their comfort zone and to gain experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.