Callum Hudson-Odoi arrested on suspicion of rape.

What is wrong in this case and similar ones is that no one knows what is happening. For all I know the woman has withdrawn her complaint, or maybe the police interviewed him and decided it was a false accusation, the problem is everyone will now link him to being a rapist. There may have been an update but due to Covid it hasn't been reported and so, if innocent, he has the stigma hanging over him until the pubs open again, people get chatting and someone says to his mates 'oh didn't you hear Hudson Odoi got off with it'. If he is innocent he 'got off' with nothing and that is why someone arrested for rape should never be named until found guilty.

Last edited:
What is wrong in this case and similar ones is that no one knows what is happening. For all I know the woman has withdrawn her complaint, or maybe the police interviewed him and decided it was a false accusation, the problem is everyone will now link him to being a rapist. There may have been an update but due to Covid it hasn't been reported and so, if innocent, he has the stigma hanging over him until the pubs open again, people get chatting and someone says to his mates 'oh didn't you hear Hudson Odoi got off with it'. If he is innocent he 'got off' with nothing and that is why someone arrested for rape should never be charged until found guilty.

Pretty sure if charges were dropped his agents and Chelsea would make sure it's front page news.

Pretty sure if charges were dropped his agents and Chelsea would make sure it's front page news.

Ok but you get my point. And to put it into a City context, we have found that the media only report the negative. It may be that Chelsea are looking to get it into the media but they are ignoring it and they certainly would with us. He should not be named and anyone, including newspapers/TV should be punished if they did so.

Names of anybody involved in a criminal case (both suspect and victim) should be kept anonymous until someone is convicted.

Obviously if there's a genuine risk to public safety then fair enough names should be made public, e.g. the black cab rapist or a killer on the loose.
Like Ched Evans?

Forgive me for skimming the thread, all that was in the press was that he was arrested and bailed? Any evidence that it was rape related yet?

edit just read it properly. My apologies

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.