Campbell reopens racism row

Blue Til Death

Never had much time for this bleating idiot and reading his latest diatribe enforces my belief that he is just an attention seeking prick.
Does he have a point in anyone else's opinion..?? This is a snippet of what he says..

Former England defender Sol Campbell believes his fellow black players are "too scared" to speak out about racism.

The 39-year-old, who retired two years ago after playing for Tottenham, Arsenal, Portsmouth, Notts County and Newcastle, claimed in March he could have been England captain for 10 years had he been white.

Campbell admits he has been disappointed by the reaction of several black ex-professionals, accusing them of being "too scared to own up" to the fact they have been victims of - or witnessed - racial abuse.

He told the Daily Mirror: "They are seeing what is happening around them and they don't do anything about it. They love the status quo. They just want to toe the line.

"It's a case of, 'I'm all right, I don't care who is coming up behind me. I'm too scared to own up'. Well, I'm not like that and I am never going to be like that, I'm just going to be me. etc etc etc..!!!!!

He makes the same claim in the interview they are always showing with him on Sky. Not sure when it was recorded though.

Who knows if there's any truth in it? Probably no one, himself included.

I kind of lost interest a bit when he modestly claimed as fact, " I was THE best defender in the world, for a three or four year period. "

I'd forgotten all about his little spell at Newcastle at the end of his career.

Problem with this is its the worst form of bleating coz all he does is moan but does fuck all about it - hasn't tried to get into management and been knocked back on the grounds of race - hasn't had anything happen direct to him that he can prove is down to race its all just anecdotal - the kind of " I heard from a friend that his brother said he knew a black guy who......" - there are so many walks of life where the "management " don't reflect the ethnic diversity within that walk of life and whilst thats strange it doesn't mean that because it happens the only explanation is down to race.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.