Can anybody recommend a good bike from halfords?

db79ctid

The company i work for have started a cycle to work scheme. All bikes must be purchased through halfords, i was looking to spend about £300-400 on it and was wondering if anybody had any ideas for one. It will be used on the road mainly but with some off road stuff so was thinking hybrid or mountain bike. All suggestions welcomed

The Carrera branded bikes are the most solid and prolly the best you will get out of halfords.

No, but I can recommend you don't go to halfords at all, and go to evan cycles web site and spend your 400 quid there instead on a proper bike. Look for last years models. After you order it, you can get is delivered to the store at trafford park and go pick it up.

Halford sell crap frames, with crap components, all running on crap heavy wheels. Go to evans you will get better frame and wheels, but with slightly less crap components for the price.

Evans also do the bike to work scheme thing as well if i recall.

hirop said:
No, but I can recommend you don't go to halfords at all, and go to evan cycles web site and spend your 400 quid there instead on a proper bike. Look for last years models. After you order it, you can get is delivered to the store at trafford park and go pick it up.

Halford sell crap frames, with crap components, all running on crap heavy wheels. Go to evans you will get better frame and wheels, but with slightly less crap components for the price.

Evans also do the bike to work scheme thing as well if i recall.

So which bit of the" can only buy from halfords" didn't you get?? Seemed pretty simple to me

db79ctid said:
The company i work for have started a cycle to work scheme. All bikes must be purchased through halfords, i was looking to spend about £300-400 on it and was wondering if anybody had any ideas for one. It will be used on the road mainly but with some off road stuff so was thinking hybrid or mountain bike. All suggestions welcomed

My company has started the same scheme, I've just got a track bike 6000 series, bike cost £800 with the added extras it came to £942. I just know I'm gonna leave it locked up somewhere and go on one of my after work pub crawls and forget all about it ! Gonna have to get it insured.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.