Can pages be made long

I do recall a comment on the dark sides forum which uses the same software, that they couldn’t change their chosen default of posts per page, as it would mess up the links …
Sounds odd/wrong from an IT perspective, but perhaps it can’t for some intrinsic internal coding design reason of the forum software.

On a personal note, I prefer the shorter pages here.
I think Ric has stated the same on here previously.

To add to this. I am going to post on the Weather being hot topic with some tips on keeping your house cool and staying safe..... But I know only the handful of people who go onto that page will see it. If the page was longer it gets more reads and more lives are saved.

cmon, people could be dying because of this shorter page issue.

I rest my case.

+1 to this. It would be great if users could set it in the preferences, i.e. see 10 (default), 20, 30, 40, or 50 posts on one page.
I am a web developer and can contribute to coding this.
Plus 1 from me for this as well, although as someone pointed out, it may be to generate more adverts to help with hosting costs etc, in which case if it keeps BM free and viable I’d be okay staying with 10 posts per page.

When I joined Matchday was 80 pages or so, maybe over 100 if it was a big game. Nowadays with our increasing popularity its 200+.

In future its going to be 500+ pages to wade through just to find Kaz' teamsheet post. I can search but then maybe someone else has posted it first.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.