Can someone explain to me the Fair Play Financial rules?

G14 clubs spending money = good
Anyone else spending money = bad.

It's a very difficult concept. No sooner have I got the gist of the rules (with City on the right side of them) than Uefa find reason to change them or interpret them in the same way that some people think black is white whilst others are fervent in their belief that white is black!

The above is the core part of the rules that doesn't change.

Well what has emerged is that even for fans of a club involved in this shit, you still don’t realky know what the fuck it all means, as it seems to change on a whim.

Thanks for trying to enlighten me though.

rule 1, and its there only one ? setup by uefa is to stop manchester city winning the champions league at all cost

All that I understand FFP is that it is there to stop us and keep the old guard at the helm to maximise revenue stream (hence Gill’s appointment); it’s always about the money!
I have a prediction/fear that I would like to place here...
If City don’t win the league or Chumps Cup and United finish fifth, then I predict that we will be banned from the competition by whatever rules they can use/make up. I don’t think they’ll de-value their ‘brand’ by excluding champions - but watch this space if we fail.
I hope I’m wrong but I fear not... so let’s just win the friggin lot!

It's a very difficult concept. No sooner have I got the gist of the rules (with City on the right side of them) than Uefa find reason to change them or interpret them in the same way that some people think black is white whilst others are fervent in their belief that white is black!
Pretty much sums up my 'understanding '...i started off studying the damn thing..thought i understood ...,got confused and derailed by the changes..then elected to ignore the whole bloody lot...the championship fair play rules that leicester city skipped by still rankle....but,hey ho,i just cant be arsed to keep up with it anymore.Football,not Finance!

It’s never been a thing that concerned me as I always thought it was about rich clubs and we don’t have a pot to piss in. We have 60% of our turnover in players and far too many are not actually good enough to get a game. If we fuck up this year in the league and miss out on CL, then we are fucked, so I was wondering if we could get away with taking money that we didn’t earn from whatever source.

I hope we don’t obviously make an arse of it, but it’s not beyond us.

My bad. For a moment I thought you were talking about the FFP rules and the Celtic :-)

On another note, FFP rules are difficult to comprehend because they differ for each club. Another beauty of FFP rules is that they are also flexible. For instance, the harsh rules for City could have been lenient, or even not existent, if the owners looked a bit different ;-)

Sp15-man-city.jpg

the rules themselves aren't too bad to get a gist of, however there are various versions of the annexes which stipulate the various interpretations, Most rational organisations even HMRC for instance if you filing accounts for 2012-2013 for instance you would use the ver 2012-13 annex\guidance. UEFA however can bring new annexes out after you've filed and apply them to the historic context to obtain the pass or failure they desire.

In terms of Celtic I reckon you'ld be ok for a 2-3 years of relatively minor losses without penalties beckoning just because SPL is fucked financially anyhow and your unlikely to upset the G14 by interfering with any of their transfer targets. The whole preface of we dont want clubs to go bust so if any are struggling financially the best think we can do is fine them restrict access to prize money is a Mr Gill inspired masterpiece.

Fairly easy to understand, there are 50 clauses in the rules, clauses 1-50 clearly state the following:

Fuck Man City up at all costs regardless of any breach of any rule ...

Hope this helps ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.