Can the wounded animal beat PSG?

Marvin

Earlier in the competition I thought PSG were one of the favourites. They have a very talented squad with players like pastore and cavani regularly on their bench but Chelsea could have beaten them at Stamford Bridge. it was a very close game. If a struggling Chelsea team, who lost Costa and Hazard in the 2nd leg, can go close, then we can. It seems absurd to think that this City team could do a Chelsea and win this competition but anything can happen in the Cup. We could beat PSG, and it wouldn't be a total shock if Atletico beat Barcelona or Wolfsburg beat Real madrid. I don't think Real Madrid are as good this season as they were, so you never know. We could find ourselves with a possible path to the final

I know this is a bit of fanciful thinking, but it's not totally off the wall. By the time the game comes around we'll be dreaming again. I think it's time to look forward again. There's still life in this City team. Wounded animals can be dangerous.

I am hoping that City are going to be focussed for the games at Bournemouth and WBA that fall in between the PSG games.

Often you find that a team that is struggling in the league does well in a Cup. At the weekend we were thinking the old City is back. It would be just like us to spring a surprise

two weeks is a long time in football. maybe the Derby defeat is a shock we need. A fortnight ago we won the League Cup and now it's as if it never happened. And this is a strange season. There could be twists to come.

Beaten in both legs.

Well at least we made progress into the quarters.

We'll get beat comprehensively by a team that got taken over after us and spent wise on players that suit the system they play instead of signing strikers that can move or score for shit and spending well over £200m on central defenders that can't do the basics

Last edited:
No. most likely get heavily beaten in Paris and draw at home or narrow defeat is the scenario

We will go out in the next round of the Chumps league of that there is no doubt imo, barring a miracle or the City factor.

Our manager is awful and it's plainly obvious that none of the players are actually playing for him. No matter what they say to the press. Just my opinion.

Possible team v psg by time it comes round
Willy, zaba, ottamendi, Mangala, clichy
Fernandinho, yaya
kdb silva nasri
Sergio
Very attacking I know, but fuck it, we can't defend so let's go for away goals.
We certainly have a CHANCE with that line up in my opinion

Possible team v psg by time it comes round
Willy, zaba, ottamendi, Mangala, clichy
Fernandinho, yaya
kdb silva nasri
Sergio
Very attacking I know, but fuck it, we can't defend so let's go for away goals.
We certainly have a CHANCE with that line up in my opinion

Nasri can't play as Pellegrini omitted him from the Champions League squad for the knockout rounds. Kelechi Iheanacho took his place, and hasn't played a minute of football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.