Can u see it now? Back Pass - Back Pass - Keeper - Long Ball

You can't just blame defenders for hoofing it up field, some of the blame has to go to the midfielders not showing themselves for the ball aswell.
Just hoofing it shows a lack of confidence in the player and others around him......

Danamy said:
You can't just blame defenders for hoofing it up field, some of the blame has to go to the midfielders not showing themselves for the ball aswell.
Just hoofing it shows a lack of confidence in the player and others around him......

Do you think there's a crisis of confidence amongst the players Danamy?

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

My personal opinion is they've not got the belief which effects confidence.
Our squad on paper is a top 4 side but that doesn't mean shit if the players don't believe they can do it?
We have the players it's just having the mentality to carry it out.....

I've posted on other threads my deeper thoughts so i'll leave them there!!

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:

Our squad on paper is a top 4 side but that doesn't mean shit if the players don't believe they can do it?

Yes mate, I saw those. It's hard to imagine any manager could be so incompetent as to drain the confidence out of top class players so quickly. I really genuinely don't think things are that bad...

Made exactly the same point yesterday! Ade likes the ball into feet not 8ft in the air - blame the useless tactics of the manager.

I think the team are together ,just think once they start believing they are the real mcoy there will be no stopping us,we won 5 on the run at the start of the season with the same players and tactics.
I think we are capable of doing that again and if that happens we will climb up that table and keep the belief this time , i really do believe its about the team being new and as i have said before other than chelsea we have the best record against the top 4 with chelsea to play at home, bring it on .

The truth is we must be able to a bit of both, we must mix it up in games. I think we actually play good football and rarely go long so I do not see an issue.

Sure this isn't just another dig at our manager? I prefer to support the guy instead of attacking him all the time.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

Yes mate, I saw those. It's hard to imagine any manager could be so incompetent as to drain the confidence out of top class players so quickly. I really genuinely don't think things are that bad...

Just put yourself in the boots of a player for a minute.......

We win 4 games on the bounce at the start of the season and give a good account of ourselves at the Swamp scoring 3 goals playing 4-3-3.
Then the manager changes to 4-4-2, now that if you like it or not knocks confidence out of the players and gets them thinking what are we doing wrong?
He played Stevie in his favoured position yesterday for the first time in 5/6 games and he plays well now that isn't a coincidence.
It's about knowing your players and playing the best way that suits them players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.