Can we achieve the unachievable?

.. and win all our remaining Premier League games this season..?

The obvious answer is NO.. but in our 100 point season we won 18 on the spin.

There are 23 games left, get on a roll and could it be done..?

The balance, tempo and energy levels tonight were spot on against a solid Premier League team away from home.

Interviews with Gabby, Rodri, Bernardo and Pep tonight tells me we are rolling over for nobody..

We have a team of winners, we're not giving our title up without one hell of a fight..!

There wouldn't be enough wax in the Northern Hemisphere to produce the amount of candles required if we did it..!
If we get through this month with perfect record then yes!

the max points we can achieve at the moment is 101 so if we did we would beat our own record - highly highly unlikely (almost impossible)

We are relying on others to help us out unfortunately but you never know!

We need to win every game between now and the winter break before I'll even entertain the idea. So United, Arsenal, Leicester, Wolves, Shef United, Everton, Villa, Palace, Shef United, Spurs, West Ham. Realistically, I think that's probably impossible, but if we go into our week off on that sort of run then I'll start to believe again.

I don’t know but I will tell you that the premier league winners will win by two points...

Beat Utd and I might buy into it. The good thing is that at last there's light at the end if the injury tunnel and Zinchenko, Sane and Laporte are not far off. If we do go on a run then we should have the resources to keep it going.

Without being disrespectful and factoring in the issue of it being a derby, I get the feeling we are at the shit or bust stage of our season.

We will be too strong for United because we know winning on Saturday is everything..

I truly believe we will beat them..

Champions League kicks back in in February, we have favorable draws in both cups which hopefully should see us progress into the next rounds so we pretty much have a free run to focus on the league games until then..

It just feels we are back and focused on the prize..

The dippers have a heavy December, I have a feeling in my water this is far from done Marvin..!

It's not unthinkable. We where 7 points behind going into game week 20 last year, and Liverpool haven't looked as good this year compared to last year IMO, despite their points haul

The more I think about it, the key this season is not to drop off. There's no shame coming second, but if we look strong from now till the end of the season then we will be sending our own message that to get close to the league you have to have the perfect season.

I think we'll win at least 20 of them which will leave us on 92 points. Probably need more to win the league.

If Liverpool lose a game before we lose again, and we beat them at the Etihad, we would be talking about 5 points.

Last edited:
You never know what will happen in football,excuse the cliche it's a funny old game.

A lot can happen between now and may. Are we capable of putting a long winning run together, most definitely.

As always though one game at a time and see where we end up.

The only team who can stop us theoretically is ourselves by not performing to the level which we all know we can consistently.

Just concentrate on ourselves and not what is going on above or below us in the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.