Can we achieve the unachievable?

Of course we can - and the good Lord can come and take me if we do cos it'll be the greatest footballing achievement ever - but a blind man on a galloping horse can see that's not the preferred outcome this season. The suits have to promote and pump as much money as they can from their "product".

No we cannot, because it is not about dropping no more points, it is about THEM dropping 11 points. I don't see how this The Dippers monster can draw 4 games and us beating them, or draw 3, lose 1 and us beating them. Even the best case scenario, them losing three games and us beating them, is so far fetched that it is not worth contemplating. The title is gone, let's just play without pressure and hope for some excellent football we are capable of producing.

My head says it’s over, but my heart says if we can claw back 5/6 points before Christmas then we can do it. In my head it’s 8 points as I’m banking on us beating them at home. They’ve got a very tricky fixtures list in January so they could drop a few points.

It’s the hope that kills you.

I can't understand the people who say that they can't see the dippers dropping points. How many points did we drop in our 100 season? And we were playing much better football than they are at present.

Key month.

Liverpool have a lot of games (as do we) but they include a potential extra game in Qatar, a league cup game the day before where big squad decisions will need to be made and a must not lose CL game away from home.

If we can win all of our December league games and then get Laporte and Sane back it will be a huge boost. The Liverpool players will all want to be in Qatar for that tournament. Anyone who misses out, to play in the league cup, could question their place. A tough choice for Klopp that could cause a split in the squad. They might even get knocked out of the CL! And whilst it might be seen as a benefit, the deflation could have an impact and they would be playing Europa on Thursdays, league games on a Sunday which always seems to derail teams regardless of who they pick.

If we are within 7pts after December it is still alive. But we will have to go close to winning every league game. I think if Liverpool make it through December they will probably see it through.

Let's see how the table looks at Christmas. Yes we have a fixture pileup similar to Liverpool but they also travel to the middle east and are actually dealing with a few injuries for once. If we can have the gap down to six or less by Christmas then it's absolutely game on. Just have to take it one match at a time, starting with those rag bastards on Saturday.

Edit: Not to mention they likely won't sign anyone in January, and while we won't either we'll be reintroducing Laporte and Sane which will be huge boosts for the squad.

Can we yes but i dont expect us too problem is the title is out of our hands and our players become a bit soft if the dippers keep winning / last min and dodgy var decisions. If we can get to feb just 6 behind i really do think fatique will take its toll on them as well as there annually arse falling out syndrone.

We beat them at our place, it's down to 8.

I'm hopeful that they have a few hiccups on the way and that 8 becomes 0.

I'm not hopeful of tonight's game though and it not being the procession it usually is against Everton.

Don't forget, we made 8 points up over 6 games before now and we can do it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.