Can we reach the Champions League final?

Marvin

Such a shame that City fans are not currently planning trips to Portugal but nevertheless it will be exciting. Of course we have to get their first and the Real Madrid tie is weighted slightly in our favour. Real Madrid have to score 2 goals to have a chance of going through, and of course they can do so.

I am greatly looking forward to it now the UEFA shadow has been lifted from the fans and players. I think we have a good chance too.

What are your expectations? Who do you see as favourites?
My favourite was PSG, but injury to Mbappe will change that. It looks very closely matched. Fingers crossed we can make it past Real Madrid. I think City's weakness in this competition will be in very tight defensive games where a single mistake can decide a game and a team like Atletico can defend all game and win. My worry is that our defence will not be strong enough but offensively I think we are stronger than anyone else.

I am not too bothered who goes through from Juve and Lyon but I'd probably prefer to play Lyon.

FRIDAY 7TH AUGUST
ROUND OF 16
  • Juventus20:00Lyon
    (Agg 0-1)
  • Manchester City20:00Real Madrid
    (Agg 2-1)
SATURDAY 8TH AUGUST
ROUND OF 16
  • Barcelona20:00Napoli
    (Agg 1-1)
  • Bayern Munich20:00Chelsea
    (Agg 3-0)
Quarter-final draw
12th August: Atalanta vs PSG
13th August: RB Leipzig vs Atletico Madrid
14th August: Napoli or Barcelona vs Bayern Munich or Chelsea
15th August: Manchester City or Real Madrid vs Lyon or Juventus

Semi-final draw (18th and 19th Aug)
Manchester City or Real Madrid/Lyon or Juventus vs Napoli or Barcelona/Bayern Munich or Chelsea
RB Leipzig or Atletico Madrid vs Atalanta or PSG

Final: 23rd Aug

We would have to navigate 3 rounds to get to the final, and given that games are decided on fine margins I can’t see us getting past 3 uefa refs. That’s my opinion, I hope it isn’t too big mouthed for you

I reckon that the representatives of the G14 Clubs at the heart of UEFA would prefer mass suicide rather than the thought of us having any opportunity at winning their rancid and rigged "competition". Pretty certain that they'll do anything and everything necessary to ensure one of their bum-chum "Elite" Clubs lift the CL Trophy again this year. So, sorry, short answer to the question - only if we're their on holiday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.