Can we really win it ?

Pocomoke blue said:
I don't think we can win it, but it would be nice for sure if we did! I think are performances are still to Jekyll & Hyde to win anything!

This. But after years of crap, even the thought of winning the uefa cup thrills me. to be involved at this stage gives me a buzz i havent had for years.

The real hurdle psychologically may be the quarter-finals. What is it, nine times we've fallen at this stage since '81 ? You can bet that the media an press will be saying: "nearly 30 years since Manchester City have got past the QF stage of a European or domestic competition proper". "It was 1981 and The Police were Walking on the Moon", Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher... etc. - ramping it up.

Play at pace and we're a match for anyone.

Irish_Blue said:
The real hurdle psychologically may be the quarter-finals. What is it, nine times we've fallen at this stage since '81 ? You can bet that the media an press will be saying: "nearly 30 years since Manchester City have got past the QF stage of a European or domestic competition proper". "It was 1981 and The Police were Walking on the Moon", Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher... etc. - ramping it up.

Play at pace and we're a match for anyone.

Fair point but how many of the current squad have been involved in any of the previous failings?

It's our s mate.

We had 19 shots against Sunderland and scored once because certain players have frail egos and can't put the team first and make poor decisions in the final third. Until we play as a team we won't be able to push on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.