can we see some youth please

BlueAnorak said:
Aside from Angelino though (and possibly Barker), is there anyone good enough and strong enough (yet) to promote?
See Damocles post. Rekik has been playing Champions League football and Denayer isn't far behind.

Getting KO'd from the Cups killed the chances of young players this season, but best young players are on loan anyway

ancoats said:
in the next 4 games can we see some of the young lads get a run out please even on the bench and have 20 min at the end Brandon Barker. Jose Angel Tasende. Kean Bryan. are ready to play and with nothing to play for other than a place in the top 4 it would give the club a lift and I kick in the bollocks to the media

I don't really care if we lose out in getting 2nd place the young lads have had a great season and should be on show in the next 4 games
Barker looks okay, doesn't work particularly hard; Tesande looks a bit raw; Bryan gives the ball away too much at U18s level, never mind top Prem level...I don't think any are good enough for the first team.

Angelino is the ONE player in our Academy who looks anything like being good enough but that would only be for a spot on the bench as he's nowhere near as good as Kolarov or Clichy.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves just because we've opened a new training complex that has the Academy in with it. It's going to take years before we see the results of this.

Besides; "nothing to play for"...you're having a laugh. We're playing for second, third at the worst. We do not want to be finishing fourth! That would be a fucking abysmal achievement, a failure of a season, and we could end up at Moscow or some other very difficult team in the Summer and may not even reach the CL.

No gambles should be happening whatsoever with the team. Fernandinho should be in from the start in every single fucking game (why the holy fuck is he in the bench so much?) and no youth players who aren't good enough should be getting in neither.

Damocles said:
BlueAnorak said:
Aside from Angelino though, (and possibly Barker) is there anyone good enough to promote?

Lopes, Rekik and Denayer are good enough to be in the squad today replacing Jovetic, Boyata and Demichelis.

Barker could be a useful player to have on the bench when we need a bit of legs and directness.

That's 4 immediately.

All of which are out of loan so can't play this season, except Angelino and Barker. So it seems you're agreeing with me.

Worrying trend against Villa was to actually have overall less of the possession than them.

We know we are rubbish defending and have few players who are motivated to chase back so do we just hope for the best then and accept that what will be will be for this season ?

The alternative is apparently too risky. I wonder how risky it is depending on a team who collectively now lack spirit, motivation or shape.

Marvin said:
BlueAnorak said:
Aside from Angelino though (and possibly Barker), is there anyone good enough and strong enough (yet) to promote?
See Damocles post. Rekik has been playing Champions League football and Denayer isn't far behind.

Getting KO'd from the Cups killed the chances of young players this season, but best young players are on loan anyway
I actually do rate Rekik but he's only ever played two CL qualifiers and they were 18months ago.

Denayer cannot be judged from playing in that ridiculously poor league (it's about Lg1 standard). Celtic fans thought Wanyama was world class and would go to someone like us, Chelsea or Barcelona when he's just a half decent Prem level player, they thought Hooper would come to England and score 20+ goals in the Prem.

There is certainly enough talent in the academy to bring something to our team for the 10-20 minutes we are asking for then to play. I genuinely believe it would lift everyone, the players knowing they can't reel it in and will loom after the lad to the fans joy at seeing a new academy prospect. What we've been missing as a team hugely this year is hunger and passion, those are the two things you can guarantee from a kid making a PL appearance.

We're never gonna find out though as long as we refuse to entertain the idea of giving them a place on the bench, let alone bringing them on.

How many of Chelsea's U21s are gettin games for Chelsea's first team? West Ham beat our EDS the other day, how many of their U21s are getting games for their first team?

Our EDS are only fifth in the U21 league, how many of Leicester Liverpool Norwich and the Rags (the four teams above us) U21s are getting games for their first teams?

If a player comes up who is good enough they'll get a game. I've watched a fair amount of EDS/U18 games and don't think any of them are good enough for the first team.

MC ID said:
There is certainly enough talent in the academy to bring something to our team for the 10-20 minutes we are asking for then to play. I genuinely believe it would lift everyone, the players knowing they can't reel it in and will loom after the lad to the fans joy at seeing a new academy prospect. What we've been missing as a team hugely this year is hunger and passion, those are the two things you can guarantee from a kid making a PL appearance.

We're never gonna find out though as long as we refuse to entertain the idea of giving them a place on the bench, let alone bringing them on.
We brought on Fernandinho Bony and Milner off the bench yesterday, no Academy in England has three players as good as that, never mind us, so why eoukd we bring on raw, naïve, young lads who aren't as good just because people are getting ahead of themselves about our Academy? when we have very good players to bring on from the bench as it is.

KippaxCitizen said:
How many of Chelsea's U21s are gettin games for Chelsea's first team? West Ham beat our EDS the other day, how many of their U21s are getting games for their first team?

Our EDS are only fifth in the U21 league, how many of Leicester Liverpool Norwich and the Rags (the four teams above us) U21s are getting games for their first teams?

If a player comes up who is good enough they'll get a game. I've watched a fair amount of EDS/U18 games and don't think any of them are good enough for the first team.

If they are not good enough thats an issue of course but by the same rule how many of our PL team are good enough on current form ?

KippaxCitizen said:
ancoats said:
in the next 4 games can we see some of the young lads get a run out please even on the bench and have 20 min at the end Brandon Barker. Jose Angel Tasende. Kean Bryan. are ready to play and with nothing to play for other than a place in the top 4 it would give the club a lift and I kick in the bollocks to the media

I don't really care if we lose out in getting 2nd place the young lads have had a great season and should be on show in the next 4 games
Barker looks okay, doesn't work particularly hard; Tesande looks a bit raw; Bryan gives the ball away too much at U18s level, never mind top Prem level...I don't think any are good enough for the first team.

Angelino is the ONE player in our Academy who looks anything like being good enough but that would only be for a spot on the bench as he's nowhere near as good as Kolarov or Clichy.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves just because we've opened a new training complex that has the Academy in with it. It's going to take years before we see the results of this.

Besides; "nothing to play for"...you're having a laugh. We're playing for second, third at the worst. We do not want to be finishing fourth! That would be a fucking abysmal achievement, a failure of a season, and we could end up at Moscow or some other very difficult team in the Summer and may not even reach the CL.

No gambles should be happening whatsoever with the team. Fernandinho should be in from the start in every single fucking game (why the holy fuck is he in the bench so much?) and no youth players who aren't good enough should be getting in neither.

Absolutely this.

Why such a clamour for players who aren't good enough? If they're good enough then the coaches and manager would know. We can't afford to risk losing games just because we've opened a shiny new academy, this is a long term project, not expected to produce the next Silva in 6 months!

If any of our youth players were playing for another team would people be all over the transfer forum wanting us to sign them? I very much doubt it. Best policy is loan out any potentially decent ones to other Prem sides, and see how they get on. Let them make their mistakes for someone else then if they learn and improve enough then recall them, otherwise sell them, at least we'd get a few quid if a lad has played 30 odd games for Leicester or someone.

Give it at least 5 years and maybe one lad might make it who's good enough for our first team, if we're lucky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.