can we see some youth please

1. Pellegrini missed the chance to blend some youth in as he has faced immense pressure this season right from the get go due to various matches i.e Capital one cup defeat, FA cup defeat, CSKA defeat and then we followed it with our poor run in the league. He definitely should have put more youth in last season in the capital cup.

2. If people think Lopes is better than Dzeko then they are wrong. However I would put a youth in the squad to give them a chance if we are in a comfortable position.

3. No chance we can blend youth in right now, we are playing poorly, in a poor run of form and a lot at risk (top 4, top 3). If and when thats settled definitely go out there and put 2-3 in the squad.

4. If Rekik takes Boyata's place he loses a year without almost any football, same with Denayer. Both the players involved and the coach won't accept that.

5. If our management is willing we should use the cups to give youth a chance from next season and not care if we do well or not in them.

6. Would Lopes, Rekik and Denayer have developed as much as they have being at City this season? No, they would have hardly played and would have become stagnant in their development. With respect to that our club has taken the right decision. However 2015/16 will be a big decision and I would love for two of them to be involved a lot more. Personally I think Lopes is going to be involved and Denayer to be out on loan again.

mosssideblue said:
ancoats said:
in the next 4 games can we see some of the young lads get a run out please even on the bench and have 20 min at the end Brandon Barker. Jose Angel Tasende. Kean Bryan. are ready to play and with nothing to play for other than a place in the top 4 it would give the club a lift and I kick in the bollocks to the media

I don't really care if we lose out in getting 2nd place the young lads have had a great season and should be on show in the next 4 games

Who says they are ready? As others have said, we are still scrapping to avoid 4th. Gambling on youth now is not the right time.

me and many other city fans they are ready for a chance on the bench to come on in the last 20 or just being around the first team if anything they will scare the shit out of the benchwarmers who are set in stone pay packets not giving a shit

why have a youth setup if there is no light at the end of the tunnel they need that dream see somebody from the setup at first team level doing and been given a chance to play

going back to champions league spots or finishing higher than united is that really going to change with 1 or 2 youth players on the bench with 5 subs??? come on who are you kidding you could have kidd or bell as 4th and 5th subs they never play a part in the game with 3 subs

SilverFox2 said:
Worrying trend against Villa was to actually have overall less of the possession than them.

We know we are rubbish defending and have few players who are motivated to chase back so do we just hope for the best then and accept that what will be will be for this season ?

The alternative is apparently too risky. I wonder how risky it is depending on a team who collectively now lack spirit, motivation or shape.

spot on matey

what is the risk they are never going to learn if they are not in and around the first team

Jack Wills said:
KippaxCitizen said:
ancoats said:
in the next 4 games can we see some of the young lads get a run out please even on the bench and have 20 min at the end Brandon Barker. Jose Angel Tasende. Kean Bryan. are ready to play and with nothing to play for other than a place in the top 4 it would give the club a lift and I kick in the bollocks to the media

I don't really care if we lose out in getting 2nd place the young lads have had a great season and should be on show in the next 4 games
Barker looks okay, doesn't work particularly hard; Tesande looks a bit raw; Bryan gives the ball away too much at U18s level, never mind top Prem level...I don't think any are good enough for the first team.

Angelino is the ONE player in our Academy who looks anything like being good enough but that would only be for a spot on the bench as he's nowhere near as good as Kolarov or Clichy.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves just because we've opened a new training complex that has the Academy in with it. It's going to take years before we see the results of this.

Besides; "nothing to play for"...you're having a laugh. We're playing for second, third at the worst. We do not want to be finishing fourth! That would be a fucking abysmal achievement, a failure of a season, and we could end up at Moscow or some other very difficult team in the Summer and may not even reach the CL.

No gambles should be happening whatsoever with the team. Fernandinho should be in from the start in every single fucking game (why the holy fuck is he in the bench so much?) and no youth players who aren't good enough should be getting in neither.

Absolutely this.

Why such a clamour for players who aren't good enough? If they're good enough then the coaches and manager would know. We can't afford to risk losing games just because we've opened a shiny new academy, this is a long term project, not expected to produce the next Silva in 6 months!

If any of our youth players were playing for another team would people be all over the transfer forum wanting us to sign them? I very much doubt it. Best policy is loan out any potentially decent ones to other Prem sides, and see how they get on. Let them make their mistakes for someone else then if they learn and improve enough then recall them, otherwise sell them, at least we'd get a few quid if a lad has played 30 odd games for Leicester or someone.

Give it at least 5 years and maybe one lad might make it who's good enough for our first team, if we're lucky.
Yep. There are four teams ahead of our EDS in the U21 league, are any names of players from any of those other four Academies on our hotlist for players we want to sign? NO?! Because they aren't good enough...just because these players are in our Academy doesn't mean we should be playing them for playing them's sake when they aren't good enough.

KippaxCitizen said:
How many of Chelsea's U21s are gettin games for Chelsea's first team? West Ham beat our EDS the other day, how many of their U21s are getting games for their first team?

Our EDS are only fifth in the U21 league, how many of Leicester Liverpool Norwich and the Rags (the four teams above us) U21s are getting games for their first teams?

If a player comes up who is good enough they'll get a game. I've watched a fair amount of EDS/U18 games and don't think any of them are good enough for the first team.

your missing the point when you are given the chance it will lift you up to a level never seen before at EDS level or under 21 you give that bit more something changes in side of you something turns on in your head

the first thing is giving the chance you don't know they don't know its the 1 thing you can not teach that setup when you cross that line in front of the city fans 45.000 and giving you their support it can only go 2 ways its works or it doesn't but I bet my last £1 the city fans will still give you great their support

KippaxCitizen said:
ancoats said:

Barker looks okay, doesn't work particularly hard; Tesande looks a bit raw; Bryan gives the ball away too much at U18s level, never mind top Prem level...I don't think any are good enough for the first team.

Angelino is the ONE player in our Academy who looks anything like being good enough but that would only be for a spot on the bench as he's nowhere near as good as Kolarov or Clichy.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves just because we've opened a new training complex that has the Academy in with it. It's going to take years before we see the results of this.

Besides; "nothing to play for"...you're having a laugh. We're playing for second, third at the worst. We do not want to be finishing fourth! That would be a fucking abysmal achievement, a failure of a season, and we could end up at Moscow or some other very difficult team in the Summer and may not even reach the CL.

No gambles should be happening whatsoever with the team. Fernandinho should be in from the start in every single fucking game (why the holy fuck is he in the bench so much?) and no youth players who aren't good enough should be getting in neither.

Absolutely spot on. Finishing top 4 (and preferably top 3) is essential to both our short and long term well being, and until that position is secured, any gambling should be rejected outright. And furthermore I can't believe any of our youngsters would benefit greatly from being introduced into the current shambolic and lacklustre set up anyway. The time for the current crop of youngsters will be off the bench in next year's cup competitions, and I suspect they will be from those currently out on loan - Denayer, Lopes, Cole etc - rather than the EDS. None of the latter, is even remotely ready for the first team (bar possibly Ambrose or Smith-Brown), especially not the much touted Barker. He's a long way off

when a young player is good enough he won't need to be "given a chance". he will be that good that he will force his way into the squad.
that's the level city are at now. you have to be so good that the manager cant ignore you.
there won't be very many - one, maybe two, every couple of years - but when a player comes through that is good enough he will be straight into the first team squad.

KippaxCitizen said:
MC ID said:
There is certainly enough talent in the academy to bring something to our team for the 10-20 minutes we are asking for then to play. I genuinely believe it would lift everyone, the players knowing they can't reel it in and will loom after the lad to the fans joy at seeing a new academy prospect. What we've been missing as a team hugely this year is hunger and passion, those are the two things you can guarantee from a kid making a PL appearance.

We're never gonna find out though as long as we refuse to entertain the idea of giving them a place on the bench, let alone bringing them on.
We brought on Fernandinho Bony and Milner off the bench yesterday, no Academy in England has three players as good as that, never mind us, so why eoukd we bring on raw, naïve, young lads who aren't as good just because people are getting ahead of themselves about our Academy? when we have very good players to bring on from the bench as it is.

I am referring to the season as a whole, did we really need Sinclair on the bench all those times? Or when we had two cbs in mangala and boyata etc. We should be making space on the bench, at least entertaining the possibility that we could give them a chance, especially against bottom half opposition. Theres always going to be a reason not to do something but we have to stop being cowards at some point. Sure I would of agreed with the subs yesterday but its that fact that over the season we've been dire for youth, Newcastle in the cup springs to mind, and what if we had blitzed aston villa yesterday? Surely a team with our quality is capable of that and should be our aim! If and when that transpires we should be able to blood the youth

Rekik - will be in pot 1 for next years CL, often picked for Holland national team now, seems weird to keep loaning him out when we need cover o_0.
Marcos Lopez - solid season for Lille, have him on the bench ready for the games we're cruising.

These two IMO should be used by us, and gives everyone behind them hope of first team football.

The PL has become so competitive now (at the top) that lose one or two games and you are on the back foot playing catch up. Our apirations are high and I cannot see youth getting PL games in the near future.

The only way I see it is to sacrifice say the league cup as an opportunity to play youth and if we get knocked out, so be it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.