can we see some youth please

Brendan110_0 said:
Rekik - will be in pot 1 for next years CL, often picked for Holland national team now, seems weird to keep loaning him out when we need cover o_0.
Marcos Lopez - solid season for Lille, have him on the bench ready for the games we're cruising.

These two IMO should be used by us, and gives everyone behind them hope of first team football.

I completely agree they should be in the squad and used for at least the league cup, early rounds of the fa cup and depending on how the group stage of champs league goes maybe 1 or 2 group games on top of sub prem appearance's.

It's not the 90's....there will be some stars from the youth team but Denyar, Lopes and Rekik are examples of the club's intention with those deemed potentially good enough...

Ray78 said:
Blooding the kids in the League Cup isn't a bad idea but if the manager's target is 5 trophies in 5 years then he would have different point of view.
Yes we should just play the first team players because it worked out so well for us this season

ninjamonkey said:
Simple fact is, none of these kids are anywhere near ready for our first team, we've still yet to secure 4th, and we really need to be getting top 3 it's not the time to be throwing kids that aren't good currently enough in just because it's what we all want in a fairytale world. Everybody wants to see academy graduates in our 1st team but they're going to have to be something special to make it at the level we are at, and we'll be lucky if we can get 1 of them in the next 4/5 years. Look at the clubs we send most of our better prospects to, most are going down to lower championship teams or lower, Denayer is our best hope at the minute but even he's playing in a league that is championship standard at absolute best.

No, we'll be a terrible failure if we get 1 in the next 4 or 5 years.

Manchester United manage to bring through a couple of players into their squad every year or two with no problem at all. Barcelona also manage it as do many other teams.

This whole idea of "well now isn't the right time" is total nonsense - we will NEVER not be competing for something again. If you don't think we should use youth players because we're in a high pressure situation then you're actually saying that we should never use youth players ever again outside of the League Cup opening rounds and then only if we don't get a Premiership or tough Championship team.

We should aim to have at least 1 EDS lad on the bench every game, we normally have a RB, LB & CH all of who can interchange, turf one of them.

Lopes last season after his game v Watford should have been involved on the bench as a minimum on a regular basis, loaning him this season is however, the correct decision but only if he now forms part of the first team squad.

Deyaner/Rekik's loans were also the right moves, the best they could have hoped for was 1 or 2 appearances between them (just look at Boyata's minutes on the pitch), both will now be back pre-season I suspect Rekik will be moved on and would hope Deyaner will become initially 4th choice CH moving upto 3rd by January.

Pozo was dumped on by Pelli played out of position and isolated and has totally lost his way since, shocking management. I know we got the results during this period so I suppose we can't moan too much.

Cole had 2 loans periods this season if not on loan would probably have started instead of Pozo, did ok at Barnsley and doing really well at MK Dons, I'd guess if they get promoted he'll stay there either on loan again or sold.

Forfana, not seen much of him at Fulham but he was brilliant for about 30 mins every EDS game i saw last season and utterly shite the other 60, his game is similar to Yaya's as well. If he's now more consistant he could certainly give the likes of Fernando a run for a place in the team.

Of the other players around and about....Ambrose still the worst sub of the season bringing on Sinclair in the last few minutes when he was sitting there while we were 3-0 up ........

Barker, Byran, Angelino & Maffeo could and should all go out next season on loan but as our latest jewel's should have been involved on the bench and all have 2/3 sub appearances if for nothing else as a carrot to keep improving.

Kelechi will need games at the CFA next season.

For any progression though we need either Pellers to leave or the club to take a different direction. The previous season he had Gudeitti on the bench in games we were coasting and didn't give him game time.

News from the EDS Forum for those who don't visit much (and you should visit it more!):

City's U13s just won the Premier League International Tournament and the player of the tournament was actually Mike Doyle's grandson. Our teams from about U12 to U18s win lots of stuff and we have a fantastic group coming through in a few years time. We need an established conveyor belt before they get here and Pellers has baulked at this idea at every opportunity.

And as I've mentioned before, that Sinclair sub instead of Ambrose angered me more than any event since the takeover. Absolutely unforgivable and unbelievably some on here defended it as "well Ambrose obviously wasn't ready" which raises the question of why he was on the bench at all.

To be fair I do not think this thread would be as active as it is if our dismal displays in the PL since Xmas had not occurred.

The plan was I am sure to bring on our youngsters over a period of time whilst giving a world class facility for this to take place. I am sure this is happening but events on the field make some of us question whether acceleration of the plan is possible.

For whatever reason the plan to have 2 top class players for all PL positions has failed to produce a team that we can confidently expect the results the investment in them is producing.
The reason for this is open for debate and I am sure ADUG will resolve it at seasons end.

Unlike money investment which allowed acceleration of the ADUG Business Plan, the Academy Plan probably has no way to mature our Academy members so I fear we must hope for the best and pray that whatever is wrong can be fixed quickly to allow a decent end to this bad season (comparatively speaking) for fans as well as most of our 'Stars'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.