can we see some youth please

Brendan110_0 said:
Rekik - will be in pot 1 for next years CL, often picked for Holland national team now, seems weird to keep loaning him out when we need cover o_0.
If Barca or Real Madrid win the CL and come 2nd in La Liga they won't.

ancoats said:
in the next 4 games can we see some of the young lads get a run out please even on the bench and have 20 min at the end Brandon Barker. Jose Angel Tasende. Kean Bryan. are ready to play and with nothing to play for other than a place in the top 4 it would give the club a lift and I kick in the bollocks to the media

I don't really care if we lose out in getting 2nd place the young lads have had a great season and should be on show in the next 4 games

I'm sorry, but the experience of last Monday's chastening experience in the first leg of the youth cup final against Chelsea suggested that these lads were anything but ready for a first team appearance, especially in the last four games of a season in which not only are we not guaranteed second place, we're not yet guaranteed a place in the top 4! Good of you not to care about second - have you felt like that all season? And would you have felt a warm glow of pride and confidence yesterday if Pellegrini had brought one of these young lads on for Ya Ya at half time, and Lampard and Sergio in the second half?! Do you seriously believe they're ready for 20 minutes like the last 20 minutes of yesterday's match!

A couple of things: Kean Bryan is seriously overhyped on here, and I would put good money on Rekik not playing another competitive game for us. Not because of the reluctance to play youth on this occasion, but because he's a poor man's Nastasic. Like a really, really poor man's Nastasic.

Blooding the kids in the League Cup isn't a bad idea but if the manager's target is 5 trophies in 5 years then he would have different point of view.

Simple fact is, none of these kids are anywhere near ready for our first team, we've still yet to secure 4th, and we really need to be getting top 3 it's not the time to be throwing kids that aren't good currently enough in just because it's what we all want in a fairytale world. Everybody wants to see academy graduates in our 1st team but they're going to have to be something special to make it at the level we are at, and we'll be lucky if we can get 1 of them in the next 4/5 years. Look at the clubs we send most of our better prospects to, most are going down to lower championship teams or lower, Denayer is our best hope at the minute but even he's playing in a league that is championship standard at absolute best.

On Monday's showing it looks like we are playing catch up but that's judging a mainly big strong athletic Chelsea team against ours who may be not quite so physically mature - quite a few times our lads were just out-muscled off the the ball.
If we can get players who are technically good at 18 and get them physically matured and toughened up by the time they're 20/21 I think we will see them coming through.
Denayer starting to look the part at nearly 20 and 6 foot. One more year in a league better than SPL or next year as back up for CB/RB. Pre-season games in the summer will help show us if he can make it next year.
Celtic looks to have done a good job, maybe 1 or 2 more there next season.

Seem Denyer is getting the plaudits maybe because he playing in the uk(i think we got to try him next season)
Rekik(the singer),is getting good reviews in Holland no a few mates who watch PSV(or send both out to a more competitive lge)over here..
Lopez he deffo got to be in our squad next season(without doubt)
can only see 1 maybe 2 out off the 3 being squad members(but they got to have game time)
Agree the other names being banded about are not ready yet,their still learning the game & also need building up abit

Would love to see some of our youth get a chance, have been thinking this for most of the season.

However, right now isn't the time for it, for the reasons already given by others. It should however have been done much earlier in the season. Start with the odd sub appearance and build fr

Not having any EDS players on the pitch for the Newcastle League Cup tie or either of the FA Cup games was a disgrace.

As for our young players out on loan, I'd promote Lopes for next season. I'd also promote Pozo to be our fourth striker. The circumstances in which he was given his chance this season were very unfair on him and deserves the chance to integrated in properly.

I'd loan Denayer out again - surely that's got to be better for him than being our 4th choice centre back next season? Maybe then we can bring him into the squad for the season after assuming Demichelis leaves.

Angelino - if possible I'd give him a few minutes in one of our final few games. I'd then loan him out next season, with the hope that having had a taste of our first team would stand him in good stead for this.

On a side note, Chelsea's youth seems to be incredible. Won the UEFA Youth League and will probably win the Youth Cup. Not to mention the string of quality young players they currently have out on loan (Chalobah, Bamford, Kalas etc etc)

ancoats said:
in the next 4 games can we see some of the young lads get a run out please even on the bench and have 20 min at the end Brandon Barker. Jose Angel Tasende. Kean Bryan. are ready to play and with nothing to play for other than a place in the top 4 it would give the club a lift and I kick in the bollocks to the media

I don't really care if we lose out in getting 2nd place the young lads have had a great season and should be on show in the next 4 games

Id like to see a young player on the bench most weeks but the lads you mentioned are all part of the under 18's set up and i think maybe the eds set up.
I dont think they are ready but have we not got any 20 and 21 year old banging on the door that are close to warrant a place on the bench ?

BlueAnorak said:
Damocles said:
BlueAnorak said:
Aside from Angelino though, (and possibly Barker) is there anyone good enough to promote?

Lopes, Rekik and Denayer are good enough to be in the squad today replacing Jovetic, Boyata and Demichelis.

Barker could be a useful player to have on the bench when we need a bit of legs and directness.

That's 4 immediately.

All of which are out of loan so can't play this season, except Angelino and Barker. So it seems you're agreeing with me.

For me Maffeo is miles ahead of these 2.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.