Can you afford to be 'Green'?

I looked at ground source pumps when I replaced my boiler a couple of years ago. I was told you need to use electricity to get the water temperature up and prevent legionaries disease; that just struck me as being worse for the environment and as someone said you need a modern insulated house to get best from them.

I’m sure someone has done the maths but all the electricity we will need to generate to power our cars and to top up our heating just makes me question if someone has actually thought this through properly.

I done commercial gas and oil for 20 years seen loads of laces have heat pumps, bio mass and every single site use gas as it’s so unreliable and expensive

buildings needed to be insulated properly for it to work and it’s expensive to run

If you think supermarket trips are walkable, either you don't eat much or you have very strong arms.
I walk doing almost all of my supermarket shops, I’ll cycle for smaller shops. Good exercise.

Years ago, when my Mother didn’t drive, she used to do a two mile walk with bags of shopping for a family of four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.