Cancer story

Fair enough - is all I'm really suggesting is that we can come to trust what is true and what works for ourselves. We are not gullible fools in truth but if we believe that we are then, chances are, we will find some way to prove this. If our conclusions are somehow different than those that are currently 'generally accepted' then, frankly, who gives a fuck?
Trust what is true for ourselves even if this does not fit into educational/scientific/religious 'norms.' If this makes me twat in your eyes, then I would welcome you to go beyond this and call me a c*unt also...

Trust what works, that has been shown to work and not what we intuitively would like to work.

I wish eating and drinking like fuck made me extremely fit and even more gorgeous. I want that to be true. I could convince myself that that is my truth, I could even deluded myself enough to believe it. It could be my truth and work for me as a way to go, it wouldn’t work though. Believing something works for you doesn’t make it true. I would be a fat **** and most people who go down the miracle cure route still end up dead. Sadly.

Trust what works, that has been shown to work and not what we intuitively would like to work.

I wish eating and drinking like fuck made me extremely fit and even more gorgeous. I want that to be true. I could convince myself that that is my truth, I could even deluded myself enough to believe it. It could be my truth and work for me as a way to go, it wouldn’t work though. Believing something works for you doesn’t make it true. I would be a fat **** and most people who go down the miracle cure route still end up dead. Sadly.
Then live that way - wait until everyone else says it's true before you will let yourself believe it. But if everyone took that attitude we'd still be living in caves and fire would be seen as a scary devil thing that should be extinguished at every opportunity rather than embraced as truly useful. You play music other than covers? Oh shit, you must be deluded -no way this could entertain people because it has not yet been proven by white coated folk in labs...seriously?

Then live that way - wait until everyone else says it's true before you will let yourself believe it. But if everyone took that attitude we'd still be living in caves and fire would be seen as a scary devil thing that should be extinguished at every opportunity rather than embraced as truly useful. You play music other than covers? Oh shit, you must be deluded -no way this could entertain people because it has not yet been proven by white coated folk in labs...seriously?

You make a good point, although you have to remember I’m factoring in we don’t live in caves and throw rocks at the moon.

I’m talkung about right now, not in our evolutionary oast when risks moved us forward, and still do. We have the fortunate situation that we have scientific protocols that can reduce risks and evaluate what actually works without wiping out awhile trube because the Shamen said a plant would work.

We are not living in dark days of superstition and voodoo. Well, some are but that’s through their choice. Good luck to them. They seem happy living in a cloud of spiritual enlightenment and metaphor.

Me? I go with the data.

You make a good point, although you have to remember I’m factoring in we don’t live in caves and throw rocks at the moon.

I’m talkung about right now, not in our evolutionary oast when risks moved us forward, and still do. We have the fortunate situation that we have scientific protocols that can reduce risks and evaluate what actually works without wiping out awhile trube because the Shamen said a plant would work.

We are not living in dark days of superstition and voodoo. Well, some are but that’s through their choice. Good luck to them. They seem happy living in a cloud of spiritual enlightenment and metaphor.

Me? I go with the data.
"I’m factoring in we don’t live in caves and throw rocks at the moon" You don't throw rocks at the moon??? Not sure I can trust anything you write anymore...
"Me? I go with the data" - I had a friend at college that got a job to study 'this that and the other.' The data he collected was unfavourable to say the least. He then
used a few statistical tools and suddenly...the data was utterly wonderful. Besides that, I once studied political science, so understand how stats can be manipulated. Even if I didn't know how to be a lying, cheated bastard myself I might still doubt some of the research that is decided to be 'truth.' So, again, I'd rather find out what works for myself rather than pay shedloads of dollars for something that actually has a much simpler answer...

"I’m factoring in we don’t live in caves and throw rocks at the moon" You don't throw rocks at the moon??? Not sure I can trust anything you write anymore...
"Me? I go with the data" - I had a friend at college that got a job to study 'this that and the other.' The data he collected was unfavourable to say the least. He then
used a few statistical tools and suddenly...the data was utterly wonderful. Besides that, I once studied political science, so understand how stats can be manipulated. Even if I didn't know how to be a lying, cheated bastard myself I might still doubt some of the research that is decided to be 'truth.' So, again, I'd rather find out what works for myself rather than pay shedloads of dollars for something that actually has a much simpler answer...

You plough your own path arfur.

You too. And having been close to people that have had cancer then I'd vote for folks using whatever they want - especially if it helps
draw out an inner strength.

I would agree as long as they don’t give up on conventional treatments first. A last throw if the dice is fine. The survival rates for most types of cancer have dramatically increased over they last 20 years. This isn’t a fluke. It’s because science has improved techniques.

Making claims to cure raises hopes, if those claims are not true, as most of them aren’t, it’s unethical and exploitative. My own mother died of cancer so I know what people go through.

I despise people giving people false hope. It is unforgivable in my book. Desperate people and their families are vulnerable and some of the claims made are just not true. If these things really worked they would be used.

I would agree as long as they don’t give up on conventional treatments first. A last throw if the dice is fine. The survival rates for most types of cancer have dramatically increased over they last 20 years. This isn’t a fluke. It’s because science has improved techniques.

Making claims to cure raises hopes, if those claims are not true, as most of them aren’t, it’s unethical and exploitative. My own mother died of cancer so I know what people go through.

I despise people giving people false hope. It is unforgivable in my book. Desperate people and their families are vulnerable and some of the claims made are just not true. If these things really worked they would be used.
So if I had cancer, ethics would say that your decision re treatment path would hold more value than mine? Thanks for that...

So if I had cancer, ethics would say that your decision re treatment path would hold more value than mine? Thanks for that...

You’re reading things I didn’t write. Calm down. People have the right to do whatever they want. My problem is the cures promised as seldom true. That’s it.

You’re reading things I didn’t write. Calm down. People have the right to do whatever they want. My problem is the cures promised as seldom true. That’s it.
Should maybe have put a ';)' after that - might have changed the tone somewhat and thus it's meaning...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.