Cancer

Best wishes to your mum and all your family! Try and keep positive, the fact your mum seems to feel better when taking certain meds sounds like it is could well be something a lot less sinister!

I sadly lost my mum to Cancer 11 years ago now and I had a little scare 2 years ago, which turned out to be nothing.
One thing I will say is, when I had my scare, I convinced myself I had it, due to my constant checking of symptoms on line! There are numerous symptom checker sites and each one can word a symptom slightly different and can also have different symptoms for the same illness. Please, please, please don't let these sites consume you too much.

All the best Blue.

Just an quick question here, the second assessment involves a short stay at Withington, and on the letter my mum received it says it's on a female only ward and as a result I wouldn't be able to attend?

Anyone know what this bullshit is?

Is there anyway around it?

Thanks.

Just an quick question here, the second assessment involves a short stay at Withington, and on the letter my mum received it says it's on a female only ward and as a result I wouldn't be able to attend?

Anyone know what this bullshit is?

Is there anyway around it?

Thanks.
My wife was on a female only ward and I was allowed to visit. Don't understand why you wouldn't be allowed to visit.

My wife was on a female only ward and I was allowed to visit. Don't understand why you wouldn't be allowed to visit.

Says on the letter she received that she can only be accompanied by someone who's female.

Really do not understand why.

It's only a short stay, a few hours apparently, but I don't want her going on her own. Does anyone know if she'd get the results of the test there and then?

On another thread about ex’s and kids I said my sisters ex who had been a twat through the divorce had been diagnosed with cancer and I said karma. I was angry at the fucker but tonight we found out he’s been given 3 fucking months!! Blood cancer. I feel a complete twat mainly for the kids they are 18 and 16 and are going to lose their dad. He was a nice lad probably still is I’ve not seen him since it all went tits up but 44 is no age. Cancer can fuck off.

Walking in your shoes OP but without any potential positives (but with my Pop). Thinking of you.

Been there, lost a bollock - I know as cancers go I had an easy one, but it’s no longer an automatic death sentence. If I had any advice I’d say don’t waste time worrying until you have confirmation you need to worry. All you can do is be there and support, no matter what. Best of luck...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.