Cancun,Dominican R or Jamaica

Been to finest playa mujeres in cancun and loved it
Been to the dreams punta Cana and loved it

Food excellent at both
Sea better in cancun

But for value the dreams punta Cana was fantastic.

Well you're on the right track with Mexico, but fuck Cancun, go to Tulum or drive to Valladolid or Merida! So much better than Cancun, which isn't really Mexico.

Belize is criminally underrated also.

Presumably Cancun entails the all inclusive resorts which means there will be zero culture, tbf. Cancun proper is for tourists, you have to venture out although regrettably, Quintana Roo & Yucatan Peninsula are less & less safe. Tulum used to be a fantastic backpacker haven - one of my favorite experiences was sleeping in huts on the beach and the outstanding local food. Most tourism will point to Merida for local culture but Valladolid really was a special experience

Is Jamaica safe at night? I’ve a friend who holidayed there and they had to be locked in a compound for their own safety. It was patrolled by security guards with guns.

Got to be Jamaica, surely.
Not been to Jamaica, but only hear that it is all inclusive including entertainment and hardly anyone leaves the hotel complex. Happy to be corrected.
You could try the Bahamas. Went last year and no problems at all - friendly place (still part of the Commonwealth and they drive on the left) and reggae music all over the show.

My first 2 trips to the Caribbean were in D republic. Loved the place. We stayed in Iberostar in Costa Dorada and then a Riu hotel in Puerto Plata. To say its a 3rd world country the people always have smiles on their faces and put us to shame.
Cancun eclipses it though as I went there on my honeymoon to a place called Moon Palace. Its amazing. Jacuzzi in our room over looking Caribbean sea. Perfect. Went back again the year later

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.