Cancun,Dominican R or Jamaica

So, my buddy and I are 50 in 2020, where would the best place to go...?

Sun, culture, chill out, meet interesting people and do interesting sh*t.

Suggestions...?

I like Andalusia in south Spain. Malaga in particular. It’s not Benidorm touristy either.

We are off to Punta Cana in 4 weeks cant wait.
Heard nothing but good things normally do Mexico been twice this year we go to Puerto Vallarta we find it much nicer than Cancun.

One more positive about the Secrets Maroma Beach in Playa del Carmen. They didn't book our dinner reservatin for a group of six one evening. Our personal concierge got us a table right away with "premium" wine service. That was nice.

On top of that, he found us all at breakfast the next day and said pack your things, I have new rooms for you. We said it wasn't necessary, he said, trust me you'll like it. Two couples received Imperial suites and one presidential suite for two nights. The I suite was the nicest place I've ever stayed. It was HUGE with an ocean view swim out pool. The P suite had an ocean view and was very nice. They treat you right there for certain.
What the fuck is a "premium wine service"?

Went to Aruba 2years ago.
Fantastic place. Safe to walk around, stayed at the low rise bit. Eagle beach was superb.
Plus it’s not on the hurricane belt.
9 hours from Manchester with TUI.

How much you looking at for a fortnight there mate? Did you go all inclusive? Would love to take the Mrs.

Been to Riviera Maya, Mexico. Would highly recommend.

Been to Jamaica a couple of times. Stayed in Ocho Rios.
I think there is a bit of scaremongering going on. Jamaica is like any country, there are safe and no go areas. Kingston Town is best avoided, but most other areas seem ok.
The people are extremely friendly and are mainly interested in selling you something, not mugging you. As always, don't walk round with gold chains and expensive watches on show and you will have zero problems.
Avoid the tourist traps, or at least don't go on cruise ship days. You will be pestered to buy stuff at massively inflated prices.
One thing to expect is how slow things happen. Ask for a beach towel for example, expect a lengthy delay. This irritates at first, but as the holiday goes on, you learn to slow down as well. By the end of your stay, you are at the Jamaican pace of life and totally relaxed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.