Cancun,Dominican R or Jamaica

You'd have bloody well thought so but this particular dump was 5 star actually - Atlantis in the Bahamas.

On this trip I wanted to buy myself a nice watch as a treat. I spotted one in the main John Bull jewellers on Nassau high street, but got cold feet and didn't buy it. Back in the hotel later that day I was in the hotel's own John Bull jewellers branch and mentioned said watch that I was still very interested in. The sales assistant said she'd have it sent up to the hotel the next day if I wanted to look at it again. Pretty good I thought

On 3 consecutive days I went back to the hotel shop to view the watch. And each time was told sorry, it didn't arrive today, come back tomorrow. On the 4th day I was told "the shop won't send it - you'll have to go down town again yourself"... "But if you buy it, make sure you tell them I sent you and insist I get the commission".

Entirely typical of the piss poor service and shite attitude which make the place the dump that it is.

To be honest mate, I have been to St. Lucia, Antigua, Jamaica, D.R, Cuba and Mexico. Cuba, Mexico and Jamaica several times but I have never been to the Bahamas and never would. I have heard nothing but horror stories about the place.
I did have an opportunity to go and work out there for a few months and said no ta.

I feel like all-inclusive resorts shield you from local culture to the point that it doesn't matter what country you go to. Manicured landscaping, swimming pools, booze, food and cheesy entertainment is the same no matter where you go.

Caribbean islands (with the exception of Barbados) = fucking awful imo. Expensive, shitty service from staff with piss poor attitude, cockroaches the size of cats, shite weather and freezing cold water.

Cancun is 100x better, but personally I wouldn't go to either.
We love Barbados, no need for all-inclusive so you can really experience the culture. Oistins, Holetown, Speightsville, Bathsheba, Martin's Bay, Carlisle Bay, Folkestone Marine Park and so much more to see.

My grandparents used to holiday in St. Lucia and loved it. The Caribbean doesn’t appeal to me. Think it’d be too hot.

My grandparents used to holiday in St. Lucia and loved it. The Caribbean doesn’t appeal to me. Think it’d be too hot.
I'm not sure it's any hotter than anywhere else in the height of summer. In fact it's pretty much only mid to high twenties most of the year round. Somewhere like Egypt would piss all over the carribean for high temperatures.

I'm not sure it's any hotter than anywhere else in the height of summer. In fact it's pretty much only mid to high twenties most of the year round. Somewhere like Egypt would piss all over the carribean for high temperatures.

Which makes them too hot too...

I can't imagine why anyone would, unless they hadn't been anywhere nice.

The beaches are nothing to write home about, the weather is mixed, and the staff, service and attitude are all mediocre at best and more usually piss poor.

It's not that it's terrible (although often it is), it's just that there are SO many places which are infinitely better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.