Cancun, Mexio

green pennies

Well-Known Member
Joined
11 Aug 2011
Messages
1,011
Location
Just Outside Manchester (NJ)
I quite enjoyed it.

Hotel on the beach was great and took several day trips off the resort (reasonable prices on those), one to snorkel in these underwater caves, one to Chichen Itza, one to do some Quad riding in the jungle. Good times. All of the trips had multiple parts, with like meals and a few stops included, so definitely check that stuff out. Good food too, etc.
 

JamesMCFC

Well-Known Member
Joined
14 Apr 2010
Messages
1,852
Location
Having a kick about with Silva in the clough.
green pennies said:
I quite enjoyed it.

Hotel on the beach was great and took several day trips off the resort (reasonable prices on those), one to snorkel in these underwater caves, one to Chichen Itza, one to do some Quad riding in the jungle. Good times. All of the trips had multiple parts, with like meals and a few stops included, so definitely check that stuff out. Good food too, etc.


Cheers mate

Do you think it's a good destination for a lads holiday?
 

jay_mcfc

Well-Known Member
Joined
7 Mar 2006
Messages
12,993
Location
8010 posts
For the price you spend getting there you might as well go to Spain or Italy. It's a nice place with a nice beach and sea but nothing that there aren't tons of in Europe
 

TCIB

Well-Known Member
Joined
30 May 2011
Messages
45,186
Location
Neither here nor there!
jay_mcfc said:
For the price you spend getting there you might as well go to Spain or Italy. It's a nice place with a nice beach and sea but nothing that there aren't tons of in Europe


I would agree with this mate tbh, unless your loaded then stay closer.
 

g180aj

Well-Known Member
Joined
16 Jun 2009
Messages
4,157
i went for my honeymoon for 3 weeks in june, stayed at the riu cancun. was really good wanna go back again in the next couple of years. jungle tour( your own speedboat for 2 ride out to sea to snorkel on a reef then you drive the boats back) is good. Also capitan hook is great is quality, food, drink and a show on a pirate ship all included. You should watch geordie shore at the min cos its in cancun even if its crap.
 

green pennies

Well-Known Member
Joined
11 Aug 2011
Messages
1,011
Location
Just Outside Manchester (NJ)
JamesMCFC said:
green pennies said:
I quite enjoyed it.

Hotel on the beach was great and took several day trips off the resort (reasonable prices on those), one to snorkel in these underwater caves, one to Chichen Itza, one to do some Quad riding in the jungle. Good times. All of the trips had multiple parts, with like meals and a few stops included, so definitely check that stuff out. Good food too, etc.


Cheers mate

Do you think it's a good destination for a lads holiday?

I would think so, but I suppose it's all about what you are up for. I was quite happy to schedule day trips and a few nice meals here and there and spend the rest of my time drinking in a lounge chair by the pool or in a hot tub with a swim up bar/etc. (all-inclusive resorts are the way to go). I can't speak to much as to what the nightlife/clubs, etc. are like because I didn't go to any (I found it impossible to stay up super late drinking, as the sun really takes it out of you). But I know for a fact that they have a lot of clubs and such down there if that's what you are into.

I also know that as far as I have seen, the people are great, the weather is great, and its been a hot spot for decades, so I can't imagine there's anything you would want that they they wouldn't have. It's quite easy to get taxis from your hotel to wherever it is you want to go and back, and it seems every place you go wants you to sample their tequila.

btw those day trips I was talking about, you probably want to go through your hotel or travel agent, but if not, they have a bunch of companies down there that do them so just ask around and make sure you are getting a good one. most will show you binders of pics or brochures and even videos/etc.

Also, every time I've gone I've found English people there at the hotel. Always nice to have someone to chat about football with (when you don't have that opportunity in your every day life like me) but that's neither here nor there since I'm assuming you are from England and are not choosing a vacation destination based on such things. Just throwing that in that your compatriots seem to like it.
 

Ovo

Well-Known Member
Joined
12 Jun 2009
Messages
6,373
Location
Paradise
JamesMCFC said:
Cheers for the responses lads

It's just that we've done 18-30's now been Greece, Bulgaria and Turkey

Fancied something totally different

Something different? Go to south America and stay in a hostel. Madaman-mcfc loves them, speak to him about them.
 

Don't have an account?

Register now!
Top
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.