Can't Wait for The Summer Departure of...

I can sorta see what the OP was getting at, but with Dzeko now in the team I really think Tévez is happy with his position and this partnership along with Balotelli is one of the best in the world.

Now Tévez can have his freedom to drop deep and we still have another man in Dzeko or Balotelli forward.

i8rags said:
Bigga said:
Feck me!! There are some right fooking idiots in response to my OP!! You should give your heads a wobble and think about what I was saying.

Regardless of what happened on the weekend, my viewpoint remains correct. There are those, on here, that believe that Tévez is a main striker!! This goes to show what you actually know. Often, my argument has centred around his choices around the box being poor and that he drops too deep to be truly effective in attack, despite what he has done! This is as the main man as lead striker. Sorry, but he is poor at it in comparison to being second striker.

I also hinted that he would score more if he ingrained within the team. Dropping to his TRUE position of support striker is ticking the boxes that Tévez is best at AND finally contributing to the free flow of team play. He faces the oppo, rather than have his back to them and can get his head up to pass.

I'm happier now, sure, but I think that Silva's appearances MAY suffer as a result. But, we'll wait and see about that.
your original post had nothing to do with the use of tevez as a different option more alligned with the departure that you could not wait for. as for the above post that makes complete sense and i think most agree tevez is way to greedy.

my personal opinion is that the lack of quality and playing on his own up front has led to the greedy nature and hopefully we will see less and less of this now balo and dzeko are around.

No, what I alluded to was Tévez was poor as a main striker as he never truly looked for anyone else in a better position, so you should read before you criticise. As an SS, he can slot Dzeko in or have a shot. He never did this as main striker and it's 70/ 30 now he'll do it as SS!!

i8rags said:
15 goals and six assists, greedy fucker.

You miss the point, but then again, I expected that.

Bigga said:
...Tévez.

If there was one player that is the antitheses to the free flowing team play that is trying be instilled into the Manchester City ethos, it is him.

Man City stop, as a team, when the ball gets to him in the penalty box. Where the lads may be willing runners for support for him for the first few attacks, the support begins to tail off in earnest after that. Our attackers now begin to look for fortunate ricochets, rather than expect the ball from him, for a simple tap in.

Silva has been there for the tap in, Yaya and probably others, that I can't recount just yet. I can't blame the under pressure Adam Johnson for not picking out Touré, as the alternative to Tévez, in the box as he merely is between a rock and a hard place on such decisions.

Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

Tévez works for Tévez and no one else.

Are you on crack!

1voiceofreason said:
Bigga said:
...Tévez.

If there was one player that is the antitheses to the free flowing team play that is trying be instilled into the Manchester City ethos, it is him.

Man City stop, as a team, when the ball gets to him in the penalty box. Where the lads may be willing runners for support for him for the first few attacks, the support begins to tail off in earnest after that. Our attackers now begin to look for fortunate ricochets, rather than expect the ball from him, for a simple tap in.

Silva has been there for the tap in, Yaya and probably others, that I can't recount just yet. I can't blame the under pressure Adam Johnson for not picking out Touré, as the alternative to Tévez, in the box as he merely is between a rock and a hard place on such decisions.

Man, I know people will have a go, but I see what I see and Tévez is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to team play, as a whole.

Tévez works for Tévez and no one else.

Are you on crack!

Is that your one voice of 'reason'??

Because you look at the goals and the running around and I look at the position within the team and what he can do to benefit his team as WELL as score himself?

Sorry, but your name's a bit sh*t.

What a load of rubbish. So because Tevez runs his heart out that means that everybody else stops. Instead of getting rid of Tevez, maybe those that stop should learn from his example and start putting in a full shift.

Bigga said:
1voiceofreason said:
Are you on crack!

Is that your one voice of 'reason'??

Because you look at the goals and the running around and I look at the position within the team and what he can do to benefit his team as WELL as score himself?

Sorry, but your name's a bit sh*t.

Give it a rest, this thread has little to none credibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.