Cape Town

Craig

Going at new year for a couple of weeks. Just wondered if anyone has been and if so is there anything you'd recommend doing whilst there? Cheers

Winelands tour, obviously table mountain, camps bay is pretty smart place, cape point, Newlands if either Cricket or Rugby are on, the botanical gardens, food is fantastic and all very cheap at the moment due to the exchange rate. Baia at the V&A is very good as is Belthazar (Steak) also at the V&A and the Codfather at camps bay are all great place to eat.

Been twice, got married there first time and return trip didn't disappoint, you will love it.

Winelands tour, obviously table mountain, camps bay is pretty smart place, cape point, Newlands if either Cricket or Rugby are on, the botanical gardens, food is fantastic and all very cheap at the moment due to the exchange rate. Baia at the V&A is very good as is Belthazar (Steak) also at the V&A and the Codfather at camps bay are all great place to eat.

Been twice, got married there first time and return trip didn't disappoint, you will love it.
You went back to the place you were married? With a gallon of petrol I hope!!

Went last year. Best place I've ever been. It was like being in a holiday brochure.

All the suggestions above are good.

Get out to Haute Bay and go on the boat trip to seal island. Ever since we went I've said if I won the lottery I'd buy a house in Haute Bay. Stunning place and the drive along the coast to get there is fantastic.

There's a Planetarium place in the centre which was good.

Been 19 years since I was there but as said above, a fantastic place!

Don't know how long your going for but if you can squeeze in a 2/3 day road trip do the garden route, Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. Stay a night in Oodsoorne (not spelt right but it's full of ostrich farms, you can ride them! Proper good fun), and knysna which has beautiful lagoons. If you can get a night in Port Elizabeth too you won't be disappointed then it's about a 5/6 hour drive back to Cape Town.

When I did the garden route it seemed every corner I drove round had this fuckin outstanding scenery.

don't bother with the waterfront tourist honeypot

whale watching hermanus

They do it in Durban but never been to Cape Town. A hollowed out bit of bread served with chilli. Can get it anywhere. They spice it up so get a beer. I never used the word but I belive it's called a "bunny". I just said "that one please"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.