Capital One Cup Final - post match thread

Obviously Willy gets the nod for man of the match but i think a big shout out for Fernando, i thought he was immense and broke up a lot of what the Dippers were trying to do.

I was sat near the front of block 524 so had a perfect view of how the game panned out and i must say he covered some ground yesterday

To be fair, I think its partly been brought on by Yaya leaving the pitch immediately after the fireworks and stage celebration, where he limped away to the dressing room, without joining in with the rest of it. I thought it odd at the time, and mentioned it here last night. Having seen the other stuff, I just think he was knackered, and probably had a knock (he was down injured for a minute or so just before the end), and he just wanted to go and sit down, and rest.

Oh trust me, i know that Yaya brought much of the attention to himself but when we start looking for something that isn't there that's when it gets disappointed...

plus Yaya has been playing hurt since the end of November.. you saw how he was walking in the locker room... no one talks about him putting the team ahead of his health... people refuse to see that... but when he sits to rest after playing 120 minutes with a shitty knee and running around like a mad man after that penalty (i thought i would see jokes about him running more during the celebration that the entire game... now that would be funny) i think we can find ways of justifying that ONE picture

Yessssssssssssss! Magical.
Thought we'd blown it but we kept going and Willy made some astounding saves in the shoot out.
So pleased for him - and so pleased for Pellers. He made a deal with Willy - an unwise deal - but it's good that folks can keep their promises in this day and age.
I know people like saying this, but it's not a deal with Willy, it's how City operates. Backup keeper plays the cups, Starter plays the league and Europe. This predates both Pellars and Willy.

However, when their is undue pressure from the media talking heads and overemotional fans, it takes balls to stand on principle.

It's not as though they cpuldnt fnthom ot contemplate scenario in which we'd be in a Cup final prior to telling the backup those are his games. Once you promise those you stay the course. It's asure way to guarantee attracting talented backup keepers. And knowing that this is a club that sticks by its promises ID key.

These were the more important considerations, not someone game trophy
He saved to his left
He saved to his right
That Willy Caballero
He's more than alright

Nice one City
I better hear this on my TV on Wednesday or else :p

They're taking it well on RAWK...

"They have sold their souls (City) and by having done so they besmirch the name of football and cease to exist as far as i'm concerned. I no longer see them as a football club"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.