car chip tuning box

marco

as thread title, car has a little turbo lag anyway to cut a long story it is what it is and cant be adjusted, garage sugested one of these performance boosters costing around £70,this fits under the bonnet which is quite a simple procedure and no problems with the insurance as its not classed as a modification ( although that dosnt sound quite right so would need to check),this is a performance booster working along with the engine output design, so it increases MPG,torque,BHP with more response at pedal and claims 15% plus in all those, has anyone had one fitted? ,good or bad reviews welcome

Last edited:
Yep waste of time and money.

Get a proper remap is only way to help with the lag. Proper remap should cost you around £100-200 and can see a raise in mpg depending on how the car is driven.

Get a proper map done mate, somewhere with a rolling road, it will be tuned to your engine rather than a stock file, the only 'stock' maps I would ever trust but only on a relatively new engine would be something like a Revo map, I only say that as I know VW group engines very well and they do work very well but again there are so many variables so it is relying on that engine being as good as it was from the factory.

as thread title, car has a little turbo lag anyway to cut a long story it is what it is and cant be adjusted, garage sugested one of these performance boosters costing around £70,this fits under the bonnet which is quite a simple procedure and no problems with the insurance as its not classed as a modification ( although that dosnt sound quite right so would need to check),this is a performance booster working along with the engine output design, so it increases MPG,torque,BHP with more response at pedal and claims 15% plus in all those, has anyone had one fitted? ,good or bad reviews welcome
Makes you wonder why the manufacturers don’t do it doesn’t it, doesn’t it ?

Makes you wonder why the manufacturers don’t do it doesn’t it, doesn’t it ?
You’re right.
The manufacturers spend a fortune testing and researching so that they can provide cars that are set up to maximise efficiency, performance and engine longevity whilst also meeting emissions laws.
The aftermarket retuning / remapping can certainly improve performance and, if you also drive appropriately, efficiency too but the trade off is generally emissions and iirc you need to declare the modifications made to change your cars performance characteristics to your insurers or risk invalidating your insurance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.