car dealer warranty advice

marco

OK so today i found a car 'Oldham Motors' i have paid a small deposit and will pay the ballance 12k on collection of the car which should be after the weekend, i forgot to ask the dealer about a warranty so checked their website and there pushing warranty for life at a cost which i dont want, the question is by law do they have to give you a warranty 30 days -3 months, im not to bothered about things such as brake pads but do want some piece of mind with the Auto box and Engine as i drive away,,thanks in advance

the car is used and over 3 years old

They will give you a warranty , mine is with the rac but the garage will sort anything out for six months , i think it is a legal thing but the length of time varies

They will give you a warranty , mine is with the rac but the garage will sort anything out for six months , i think it is a legal thing but the length of time varies
thank you Karren,yes this thing of theirs is connected to the AA, i have heard or read somewhere by law they have to give a minimal warranty but was not 100%

Add on warranties do not override or replace your rights under the Consumer Rights Act.
Extracted from the intraweb

Warranty or not, you are still covered by your statutory rights if the car you’ve bought is faulty or not roadworthy. Any used car purchase by a private individual from a trader is covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which means you can reject the car if it is not as described or is faulty. You are also covered by the road trafic act, under which it is an offence for a trader to sell an unroadworthy vehicle (unless the buyer knows that the vehicle is unroadworthy and has no intention of driving it on the road in its present state).

Having said that op remember everything is relative to the price you paid and age of vehicle and time from purchase.The Consumer Rights Act gives you an initial 30 days to reject a vehicle if it is faulty and claim a full refund from the dealer that sold it to you. You can also ask for it to be repaired or replaced as per your own choice. After those first 30 days you have to give the dealer a chance to repair or replace the car.

Have a read of this.

There is no such thing as out of warranty and goods must be fit for purpose as described and of satisfctory quality

The fuckers should be grateful for your business, cheeky bastards
Slipped it in on the day i went to pick car up. My mrs was rushed to hospital as i was at the dealers so needed a car asap. Under normal circumstances i'd have told them to keep the car.
Took it back a week later and got every little thing that was wrong fixed, including new complete sound system. Cost them a lot more than the adfuckingmin fee

OK so today i found a car 'Oldham Motors' i have paid a small deposit and will pay the ballance 12k on collection of the car which should be after the weekend, i forgot to ask the dealer about a warranty so checked their website and there pushing warranty for life at a cost which i dont want, the question is by law do they have to give you a warranty 30 days -3 months, im not to bothered about things such as brake pads but do want some piece of mind with the Auto box and Engine as i drive away,,thanks in advance

the car is used and over 3 years old
Just torch it and claim off the insurance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.