Car Hire Prices

Fame Monster

I've just paid 2.50 for my car hire for my 2 week holiday in Spain, how is this a viable business? I've gone with Goldcar and had to check the booking confirmation because I couldn't believe it was true but it looks like it is. What's going on?

I've just paid 2.50 for my car hire for my 2 week holiday in Spain, how is this a viable business? I've gone with Goldcar and had to check the booking confirmation because I couldn't believe it was true but it looks like it is. What's going on?

Dont know but watch out for all the snags and catches they will get you with. They probably make enough money of the stuff they force you to pay for when you pick it up.

Google goldcar and you will see how their model is sustainable.

Write the 2.50 off and book with a reputable company.

I remember on Crete in the 80's me and a mate booked one with the "most competitive rates " - turned up next morning and we were asked to wait whilst their guy brought it round. We stood outside in the sun and this godawful SEAT 127 rolled into a space in front of us and we said " what a fucking shed".......you can guess the rest...got us from Ag Nic to Knossoss and Rethymnon so not a complete disaster

Once you land and go to pick it up they no doubt will inform you that you need insurance a deposit and a load of other add ons including some once in a life time upgrade offer. You will be a captured customer they know most people won’t be able to just walk away with bags kids etc and cancel their booking.Fuck them off now and book with a big company but make sure even with that booking there are no add ons to be considered when you land

Insurance will be about 500 quid. 2nd driver 300 quid hahaha
at one place we inquired at in the US the second driver fee was equal to the daily rental fee

Last edited:
Once you land and go to pick it up they no doubt will inform you that you need insurance a deposit and a load of other add ons including some once in a life time upgrade offer. You will be a captured customer they know most people won’t be able to just walk away with bags kids etc and cancel their booking.Fuck them off now and book with a big company but make sure even with that booking there are no add ons to be considered when you land
The best advice you could get Mate.
Cancel it now and find a reputable company who won't rip you off.

The cheapest prices for car rental companies should always set alarm bells ringing. And a quick check of the reviews usually confirms it. It's an industry jam packed full of cowboys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.