Car Hire Prices

Of the number of car hire Co's in Alicante, they certainly are, but all of them try the insurance scam. You must take pics of everywhere on the car when you pick it up, do that and if it's straight, they sign if off.
There's some proper scumbags working in that industry and it's just as prevalent in the UK as anywhere else.

Last time I was picking a car up from Manchester Airport, some absolute wanker behind the counter was trying to convince an old Scottish woman next to me that she needed to sign up for their overpriced insurance despite already having her own. He was full-on lying to her till I called him out on it as she was about to sign.

These companies don't make anything from renting their cars out. Their business model is built purely on flogging insurance add-ons and massively overcharging customers for minor damage that usually already existed. And it's always the ones offering the cheapest prices that are the worst offenders.

OP you have got separate all excess insurance already set up with a reputable insurance company haven’t you?

Even with it, if it were me, I’d run a Mile from Gold Car.

These companies don't make anything from renting their cars out. Their business model is built purely on flogging insurance add-ons and massively overcharging customers for minor damage that usually already existed. And it's always the ones offering the cheapest prices that are the worst offenders.
I always go over a hire car with a fine tooth comb before signing for it. Some unscrupulous companies turn a blind eye to and dents and chipped paintwork hoping the customer doesn't notice. They can't wait for their return so they can nail them for the 'damage'.

I always go over a hire car with a fine tooth comb before signing for it. Some unscrupulous companies turn a blind eye to and dents and chipped paintwork hoping the customer doesn't notice. They can't wait for their return so they can nail them for the 'damage'.
Same here, i go one step further and record the ****'s going round the car while i point out every small tiny scratch on it. I've been to Dubai a few times and it's the only place i have found that they've not tried to fuck me over on the externals of the car, they don't seem to give a shit.

I've used them a few times and had no issues. Like you it seemed a suspiciously good price and I had read negative reviews. If you've used a third party to book it, get their insurance and refuse every add on that they offer you, same with any other car hire company.

In terms of explaining the price, they have to pay the airport for the spaces they're using, and this is often quite steep. Given not many people are going abroad for holidays, I imagine this cost is quite significant at the minute to car hire companies as not many of their cars will be being used. In effect they're making £2.50 but saving the cost of one space per day for 2 weeks.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I've been with Goldcar before a couple of times and never had any problems but maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.

The pricing is quite similar across the board for other car hire companies. With some firms you could hire a car for £1!

Never seen anything like that before but it doesn't appear to be a scam but I will find out in a few weeks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.