Car Hire Prices

I go regularly to Alicante, and know this back to front. When you turn up at Goldcar, who I've booked with before, they will badger you for excess insurance, for an average two weeks they'll start at around £200. There is no need for this, take it out in the UK, it's about £60 for multiple rentals, for a year, or, if you've booked via an agent, they offer similar, but more expensive. You will be harangued and given a spiel about the horrors of not taking theirs out, but ignore it. I have had 10 day hire's for £60 with no bother.
What they will do is 'Block' 1000 euros on your credit card, if you damage the car, they estimate the cost, and help themselves to the £350 or whatever the repair is, if it comes back OK, no problem, nothing is taken. All the hire car Co's in Spain, well at Alicante, do exactly the same thing, £2.50 is well cheap, but you can get prices like this, if you just keep saying no, they eventually just give you the keys. If you do prang the car, claim this back in the UK.
Have a good trip.

I've just paid 2.50 for my car hire for my 2 week holiday in Spain, how is this a viable business? I've gone with Goldcar and had to check the booking confirmation because I couldn't believe it was true but it looks like it is. What's going on?

I have used them in Portugal good cars and no stupid fees you would get similar prices in the algarve as well they either rent it out for that or it sits doing nothing as there is no tourists around at the moment

I've just paid 2.50 for my car hire for my 2 week holiday in Spain, how is this a viable business? I've gone with Goldcar and had to check the booking confirmation because I couldn't believe it was true but it looks like it is. What's going on?
Gold car are the absolute worst. Horrible company although to be fair I did destroy their car so was grateful for the added extras in the end!

Gold car are the absolute worst. Horrible company although to be fair I did destroy their car so was grateful for the added extras in the end!
I destroyed a car of theirs one holiday.
Did both sides, sills and doors and had no excess insurance
I drove the car through dusty fields and muddy puddles before I took it back, then parked it as far away from the returns office as possible
Handed over the keys, rang my credit card company and cancelled my credit card (told them I'd lost it) and was never debited for all the damage
The next time I hired a car without taking out the hires' insurance (think it was Record) when we returned the car it was inspected with a fine tooth comb
Everything checked including the spare wheel and tools

Cancel ASAP and go with a reputable company!

I booked Goldcar online for Morocco last year. Two spivs tried renting me the car in bad light conditions and had hardly highlighted any scratches scuffs and dents. I insisted I took it outside into the sunshine to go over it properly. They wasn't keen on me to do this so I walked away. They threatened me with the police for some spurious 'breach of contract' bollocks so I went and found the police for them. Police knew their scam and we walked off to the taxi rank and hired a car from Hertz from our resort.

You get what you pay for, as they say ...

Of the number of car hire Co's in Alicante, they certainly are, but all of them try the insurance scam. You must take pics of everywhere on the car when you pick it up, do that and if it's straight, they sign if off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.