Car insurance advice..(unfortunate incident)

brass neck

Unfortunately some tool ran into my car on new years eve while it was parked outside my house, he smashed my car to bits, bounced off it and into the iron railings opposite, smashing his car to bits and his mate and him. He immediately fcked off and thankfully he was picked up by the police. Lucky for me i presumed but as it turned out more luckily for him as the last i heard his mate had a flap of skin missing from his face and he was peeing blood. He was arrested on section 4. but went straight to hospital.

Anyway, i started the insurance process, to be told esure are shut till monday.....meenwhile, my car has been taken by the police. I rang the rac to hire a car as in the event of and accident, thats one of the services they offer. When they took his registration it came up as no insurance.

I was wondering what I have to do now, I'm waiting on the police to get back to me but worst cast scenario and he doesn't have valid insurance do i just go through mine, I'm fully comp protected. The only other thing that slightly worries me (because I know insurance company's like to weasel out of stuff) is, my insurance ran out on that night (3 hours after the incident) and my new insurance started immediately with a new company, if i get a courtesy car through my old insurance, will they be likely to say up yours because my insurance has finished? I know there is a pot of cash for uninsured drivers but do they pay out reasonably quickly and do they try to give your fcuk all like insurance companies do?

Damn that's bad luck, can't offer any advice but I would join the consumer action group forums and ask on there, I've had some excellent advice from there in the past.

Maybe karma -after all the stuff you said on here about gays it would not surprise me if they crashed because they were bumming.

Helmet Cole said:
Maybe karma -after all the stuff you said on here about gays it would not surprise me if they crashed because they were bumming.

careful, don't talk about it to much, you'll either get threatened with a ban or be accused of being a closet gayer!!!

as it turned out, it maybe a good thing actually as my car WAS a fiat therefore riddled with annoying tiny issues. FIAT= Fix. It. Again. Tony.

i'll take a punt at this, claim the lot through your insurance, i presume you have legal cover? Either way, it's the job of your insurer to recover costs from the "at fault" driver, not yours. It just means they do not have an insurer to chase to recover their costs for your needs (think their is a government fund or something they can get money out of, or they can pursue the driver individually). Not really your problem - you have paid for comp, they sold you it. Expect to get ass fucked next year on your premium no matter what.

hirop said:
I'll take a punt at this, claim the lot through your insurance, i presume you have legal cover? Either way, it's the job of your insurer to recover costs from the "at fault" driver, not yours. It just means they do not have an insurer to chase to recover their costs for your needs (think their is a government fund or something they can get money out of, or they can pursue the driver individually). Not really your problem - you have paid for comp, they sold you it. Expect to get ass fucked next year on your premium no matter what.

thanks for the advice mate, I ve just seen a thing sent out by my insurance last year saying I'm now protected against loosing no claims if the other driver was un-insured.......whether thats counts for diddly as far as insurance premiums go, i don't know.

As long as you were insured at the time of the incident then you're covered. If you're fully comp then you are OK although you may have ot pay an excess and may lose your NCB unless it's protected. You should also be able to sue the other driver for the excess.

brass neck said:
Unfortunately some tool ran into my car on new years eve while it was parked outside my house, he smashed my car to bits, bounced off it and into the iron railings opposite, smashing his car to bits and his mate and him. He immediately fcked off and thankfully he was picked up by the police. Lucky for me i presumed but as it turned out more luckily for him as the last i heard his mate had a flap of skin missing from his face and he was peeing blood. He was arrested on section 4. but went straight to hospital.

Anyway, i started the insurance process, to be told esure are shut till monday.....meenwhile, my car has been taken by the police. I rang the rac to hire a car as in the event of and accident, thats one of the services they offer. When they took his registration it came up as no insurance.

I was wondering what I have to do now, I'm waiting on the police to get back to me but worst cast scenario and he doesn't have valid insurance do i just go through mine, I'm fully comp protected. The only other thing that slightly worries me (because I know insurance company's like to weasel out of stuff) is, my insurance ran out on that night (3 hours after the incident) and my new insurance started immediately with a new company, if i get a courtesy car through my old insurance, will they be likely to say up yours because my insurance has finished? I know there is a pot of cash for uninsured drivers but do they pay out reasonably quickly and do they try to give your fcuk all like insurance companies do?

Your Insurance has a solid contract to insure you to the close of play midnight, if they breach that contract you and contact the FSA and they will deal with your claim. As long as you have a report saying what time the accident occurred, you have no problem I promise you that.

brass neck said:

The organisation that deals with uninsured drivers claims is the Motor Insurers' Bureau. However if the incident was before midnight (as it was) and this can be demonstated then there should be no issue with making a claim on a fully comp policy even if that policy subsequently expired at midnight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.