Car insurance advice..(unfortunate incident)

daveduke67 said:
My premium will be going up from £600 to £900 this year thanks to uninsured drivers and dodgy claims.

It's time that we had to show an insurance disc along with tax discs. My 18 year old stepson is paying £300 a month to insure his ten year old 1.2l (?) clio - the value of the car is a lot less than his annual premium. Is it any wonder that people don't bother when they are likely to get a couple of hundred quid fine for having no cover?

Hope that he is covered and it all works out for you.

Best of luck ;-)

That wouldn't stop them. How many drive with an out of date tax disc? Basic 3rd party insurance should be added on to petrol prices as a national scheme and if drivers want to add extra cover it is up to them.

denislawsbackheel said:
daveduke67 said:
My premium will be going up from £600 to £900 this year thanks to uninsured drivers and dodgy claims.

It's time that we had to show an insurance disc along with tax discs. My 18 year old stepson is paying £300 a month to insure his ten year old 1.2l (?) clio - the value of the car is a lot less than his annual premium. Is it any wonder that people don't bother when they are likely to get a couple of hundred quid fine for having no cover?

Hope that he is covered and it all works out for you.

Best of luck ;-)

That wouldn't stop them. How many drive with an out of date tax disc? Basic 3rd party insurance should be added on to petrol prices as a national scheme and if drivers want to add extra cover it is up to them.

Sorry mate, I don't mean to be an arse but that is a rubbish idea. There's nothing worse than taking personal responsibility from people. How do you separate the high risk drivers from low risk for a start.
The answer is already there, if they're not taxed insured licensed etc, take their cars off them until they are.

Why not scrap insurance altogether and have drivers have legal cover any minor accidents could be sorted between drivers details taken etc if not sorted within 4 weeks criminal charges brought
I know people will say about serious injury and death but this could be resolved in court and a criminal investigation brought to find blame, at the end of the day how much have we all paid in insurance over the years on the off chance we may have a bump or someone hits us, and no claims bonus is a load of bollocks too, and we are still getting shafted by the insurance companies, it is know wonder there are so many uninsured drivers

Hope it gets sorted out for you. At the last resort go through your own insurance try and see what the Citizens Information has to say about it as they know everything you need to know. There maybe a way were if he has no insurance then you may claim off some other insurance that isnt yours maybe the local councils or whatever. Pop into them and they will sort you out in no time. So give them a bell and they will sort you out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.