Car insurance

Chrisja1000

I lost my 9 years no claims yesterday,I thought my Mrs was in labour and ended up running into the back of 4x4!! Anyway my insurance has gone from £37 to £108 which is due to start next month of all the crap times!!

Has anyone got any ideas for decent companies etc, like an idiot I had didnt protect my no claims.

Jesus that's a bit steep!

I'm no expert but you shouldn't lose all your no claims for one incident.

Have a look on a comparison website like go compare, the only problem you may have is that you have a pending claim so you won't know the cost of the claim but have a look on go compare then ring up some of the companies that come up with the best prices, before doing this you need to find out off your current insurer how much no claims you have left.

Hmmm, my mate has just had her renewal quote and its gone up £600 a year.
I have done some searches for her and its not a misprint, its really going to be steep.

Got me thinking so I did a quote too for me. Mother fucker has given me quotes, the cheapest of which is £30 a month more than i'm paying now!
I'm 34, no convictions, 12 plus years NCB, 17 years with a license, a drive way and an ordinary car.

What the fuck?!

Did you not take out the protected no claims? Usually a bit extra a year but probably worth it

mcfc_ms said:
Did you not take out the protected no claims? Usually a bit extra a year but probably worth it
Definitely worth it. I had a single car accident a couple of years back (swerved to avoid a dog) and wrote off my focus. Just got my renewal in the post for my Peugeot 308 and I have 8 years claim free driving, which has earned me a NCD of 63% (roughly two thirds). As it is I'll be paying nearly €400; would be triple that without the NCD!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.