car insurance

sput the wonder pig

It was a fucking sweet shop...not a chippy
I want to give my car to an employee at wotk for 4 months till it goes back..

Most insurance companies will not do temp insurance and those that do are way to expensive...

Should i just tell her to take a year policy on DD then cancel after 4 months....

surely there are lots of circumstance where you need to sell your car etc and you cant have to pay the full year !!!

ANY ADVICE GUYS

Will you still be the owner? If so, you'll still have to be the policyholder so you might be best adding her on as a second or temporary driver.

If you add them as an additional driver you're taking a risk as a claim by them will go against your policy and affect future premiums. Don't be fooled by protected NCD - you may retain your 60% discount but it'll be 60% off an initial premium that is double the one you were quoted last year.

I'm not sure if she'd be able to insure a car that isn't registered in her name. You can sometimes add a temporary car for a short time - couple of weeks for a hire car or one you've borrowed or just bought for example. You'd also need to be confident that they'd pay the insurance and not miss a payment - if she's no insurance and it gets damaged, stolen or written off and you'll left with a potentially huge debt and possibly prosecution as it's your vehicle and you're responsible to make sure it's insured to drive on the road.

I took a loan out for a friend and she paid every month without fail. Until she was off work ill for three weeks and fell behind with everything as she didn't get paid. Luckily it wasn't a lot and it could cover it until she got back on her feet. Is there a chance your friend could end up like this? The first thing that'll go unpaid is the insurance on a car that isn't hers and that she can't afford to put petrol in.

I'm assuming you're on a lease purchase plan? Wouldn't you be better returning the car early and clearing the remaining payments.

Don't forget your insurance company may still charge you a full years premium as cancelling late into the policy can attract ridiculous fees. You'd also lose this years NCD - not a problem if you've got five or more but could be worth leaving it to run if you need to build them up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.