Carbonated water machine

I wasnt really meaning that, I know loads of people that buy all there water (non fizzy) in plastic bottles & pull a face when I ask whats wrong with tap water, serious question as I just wondered if there is a genuine concern about tap water?
I use tap water in my soda stream

A bit of a faff swapping the canisters and it feels quite expensive, but probably isn’t - I’ve never calculated the savings. My sodastream is just sat doing nothing, but I might resurrect it.

And the plastic bottles you have to use have a lifespan too (about 2 years I think), so that’s extra cost.
Capturing your own farts would help reduce your gas costs.

I've had a Sodastream for 3 years. Fill with tap water, press the button, and you have fizzy water. No faff.

Advantages are:
1. Cheaper than buying bottles at the supermarket
2. You don't have to lug heavy bottles home
3. No recycling
4. Tastes nicer than plain tap water, and I should know as I drink a lot of water

Disadvantage:
1. You have to return the empty cylinders, but not too much faff these days as you just take it the local shop for drop off

I bought a sodastream a couple of years ago because I went crazy for fizzy water and was going through far too many bottles from the supermarket.
I still guzzle it every day. I rarely drink still water nowadays.

A gas cylinder lasts me around a month. £23 in Sainsbury's (and possibly others) but you get £10 off for bringing your used one in, so £13 a month obviously, and fuck all water bottles going into the recycling bin.

I don’t drink pop but I do get why people do. What I don’t get is why people drink fizzy water.
Because they like it?

Seriously though, some people hate plain water but want to drink it for health reasons and find adding a bit of fizz helps. Some people say it’s bad for you but there’s no evidence to back that up.

I bought a Soda stream last year. I really don't like flat tap water. I get bored with it all too easy.
I was starting a diet and wanted to reduce my tea and fizzy drink consumption.
I don't like any "Diet" versions of fizzy drinks, so they had to go.

I was worried it would be a fad and soon it would be back in the cupboard.
Totally the opposite occurred. I found i like plain soda water cooled from the fridge, It worked great with my morning runs, taking a litre bottle with me. (for after the runs)
I then found i enjoyed sitting at the computer with a half litre bottle, sipping as required. My water input went up and other drinks right down.

Now and again i put a bit of cordial like Vimto in.

Getting the gas swapped is easy at Argos, so i think that is the reason it is still used daily.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.