Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

He is very talented, and very young. I hope that Edozie starts to earn some first team minutes and Carlos kicks on for the EDS, for that is the natural progression and Edozie is also seriously talented. On the other wing, Mbude looks very dangerous, skilful and composed. I would love it if Palmer could take over that position for the first team and Mbude moves to the EDS, ready to compete in another year. We are blessed to have this and the chance of this bunch really delivering some first team players.

I think that Oscar Bobb is a serious player, but more in the 8 or 10 role, delivering clever balls through the eye of a needle. He and McAtee would be great but Josh Adam is a huge prospect too. If McAtee is in the first team squad next season, I anticipate Adam pushing on.

Don’t watch a lot of the youngsters, but watched the game v Saints. Have to say this lad stood out for me. Looked really impressive.

He is very talented, and very young. I hope that Edozie starts to earn some first team minutes and Carlos kicks on for the EDS, for that is the natural progression and Edozie is also seriously talented. On the other wing, Mbude looks very dangerous, skilful and composed. I would love it if Palmer could take over that position for the first team and Mbude moves to the EDS, ready to compete in another year. We are blessed to have this and the chance of this bunch really delivering some first team players.

I think that Oscar Bobb is a serious player, but more in the 8 or 10 role, delivering clever balls through the eye of a needle. He and McAtee would be great but Josh Adam is a huge prospect too. If McAtee is in the first team squad next season, I anticipate Adam pushing on.
Palmer has become understudy to Mahrez already, he's only played in the odd EDS game this season to get his fitness back. He's a wonderful player who could play a few different positions for us. I honestly can't see Borges not making it with ourselves, he is so deadly running at goal.

The only thing stopping any of these lads is going to be having an actual space in the squad. There will be a lot of scouts watching very carefully for those who look like they won't quite make it with us for one reason or another. We'll have ex-academy lads absolutely everywhere.

Was he not moved up to the EDS this season? It was injury ravaged obviously but he still got 11 games for them (very limited minutes though). We'll have to wait and see whether they write off this season or not in terms of his development. Mebude and Borges in the EDS will be fun to watch, I'm on my mobile so not sure who they'd effectively replace.
Yeah as you said, 11 games but barely any minutes.

This has just been my feeling with academy players, I don't like them going from u18 and straight to loan or whatever.

They should do a proper EDS season, prove you can make a joke of that league like Foden, Sancho, Diaz, Palmer, McAtee, then you can make the step up after.

Palmer has become understudy to Mahrez already, he's only played in the odd EDS game this season to get his fitness back. He's a wonderful player who could play a few different positions for us. I honestly can't see Borges not making it with ourselves, he is so deadly running at goal.

The only thing stopping any of these lads is going to be having an actual space in the squad. There will be a lot of scouts watching very carefully for those who look like they won't quite make it with us for one reason or another. We'll have ex-academy lads absolutely everywhere.
Indeed. By take over, I mean that Palmer becomes the number one choice and he isn't that yet. What a shame that injury took his season from him, but that in itself is a lesson for a young player.

For Borges, he will be competing with Grealish and Foden, as well as Edozie. One of them (Grealish/Foden) will be more central next season, IMO, leaving a potential path. As you rightly say, they have a shot but they will have to fight for it, and we will have to give them the chance to do so.

Don’t watch a lot of the youngsters, but watched the game v Saints. Have to say this lad stood out for me. Looked really impressive.
The Blackburn game back in Feb is the only U18s I've watched this season and I felt the same - such a quick, dangerous player.

Any reason he’s not travelled? I know he had a bad injury but his u18 stats are great.
Only moved up to the EDS last season and due to his injury barely featured. I suspect (if all is well) he'll be with EDS in Europe and we get a solid season from him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.