Carlos Tevez rushed to hospital

The man who started the turn of the tide, whether we knew it or not at the time. United wanted him, City got him. He carried that Mark Hughes side on his back and got us as close to Champions League football as he could.

The first City captain to lift a major trophy in 35 years and the first City striker to ever win the Premier League Golden Boot - he represents the first time we'd really, properly got up United's nose in a generation.

Thankfully, because of the way things turned out during the 11/12 season, we're able to look back and laugh at his six month golfing holiday. That nearly did fuck things up and he clearly lives life with a chip on his shoulder.

But because of the way things did turn out, he goes down in history as being among the first City team since Bell, Young, Lee, Summerbee, et al. to make us a legitimate force in English football. I'll always be grateful for that.

My favourite player of all time, watched him from his early days at Boca when he was voted South American player of the year 3 years running.

Watching him live for City was a dream come true for me.

met him at carrington training ground when I was doing some work there and managed to get him to sign a shirt for me.

Hope all is well.

get well soon brother.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.