Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

Some of these articles are fucking ridiculous... It really is like kids in a playground telling stories... they start getting carried away and all of a sudden they can get away with making random shit up. Laughable.

I think the end result of all this will be that he stays one more season, personally. We'll probably tell him we'll be less demanding on his price next year to make it easier for him to move (which it will be naturally anyway 'cos he'll have a year less on his contract) and we won't stand in his way. Then we'll sort out the logistics for him to have a few more family visits in the coming season.

Either way I hope we get a statement, either good or bad news in the next couple of weeks so we don't have a summer of this going round and round.

southern muppet said:
I think the end result of all this will be that he stays one more season, personally. We'll probably tell him we'll be less demanding on his price next year to make it easier for him to move (which it will be naturally anyway 'cos he'll have a year less on his contract) and we won't stand in his way. Then we'll sort out the logistics for him to have a few more family visits in the coming season.

Total bullshit, they'll need him to play and earn his massive wages if he stays. Let them come to see him.

Also, there is some sort of issue with his ex not wanting to come to England? How about Carlos not being a pussy and telling her that if she hates England so much he'll stop giving her any of the money he makes there?

Yet again much angst all stemming from inaccurate and contradictory newspaper reports.

Where Manchester City are trust nothing in the media. One bogus derogatory article, and it spreads like wildfire becoming accepted fact.

Marvin said:
Yet again much angst all stemming from inaccurate and contradictory newspaper reports.

Where Manchester City are trust nothing in the media. One bogus derogatory article, and it spreads like wildfire becoming accepted fact.

Does this surprise you?

Funny isn't it, 40 pages and a lot of trouble all based on a lie.

Whatever your personal thoughts on Tevez there is no doubting we all very much respect him as a player on the field, which this thread proves.

The Future's Blue said:
Funny isn't it, 40 pages and a lot of trouble all based on a lie.

Whatever your personal thoughts on Tevez there is no doubting we all very much respect him as a player on the field, which this thread proves.
Can you prove what the lie is?

A. Is he consulting his family before he makes a decision?

B. Is he looking for a 'change of scene'?

C. Does he want to stay?

D. OR is he staying?

These are all the different versions I've heard since last Sunday, can you shed light on which one is the lie?

In conclusion, if I was Tevez and all this was going on in the media & cyberspace, I would come out & make my position CRYSTAL CLEAR for the good of the club and its adoring fans!!

This is especially more important seeing as we have the not so insignificant matter of a crucial match tomorrow which will decide if our players have to come back early for Champions League qualifiers, or come back properly rested in July and have a full and hopefully stress-free pre-season programme leading up to the traditional Charity Shield curtain-raiser.

clubfoot said:
Rossi has agreed to sign for Barca, so that makes Villa, Pedro, Messi and Rossi, so that moves out a move there

Madrid have Benzema, Hugain, Ronaldo, Adebayor so no room there

which leaves him with no realistic options

Inter are not going to pay 50m and around 250k a week wages

IMO he will still be with us next season. Even if he wants to be here or not his form has not dipped so im all for him being here

To be honest, I assumed that a deal had been struck at Xmas for him to stay another 1 or 2 seasons, then go home to Boca Juniors in a Robinho-style deal, possibly including wages. And I think that could still happen.

Between Tevez's physique, and the fact that he might not have a world cup place to play for, he may not have more than a couple of seasons left at the highest level - and I think he knows it. So it would make sense to stay put, play at Champions League level for two years, then go home.

I'd guess some variation of that deal is still on the table. And there doesn't seem to be another big club in Europe who can definitely offer it to him, so Tevez doesn't really need a move.

One problem though: Kia does.

If Tevez doesn't move to another European club, Kia doesn't get his final £2-3m payment. And he doesn't get even with City for publicly humiliating him. So, 24 hours after Mancini says he thinks Tevez will stay, the back pages magically fill up with "homesick" stories.

There are decent sports journalists out there: Gabriel Marcotti, Henry Winter, Oliver Holt and others. They have the honesty to report stories as they actually see them.

But Daniel Taylor, Neil Ashton, The Sun and others like them should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. They do the PR for a corrupt millionaire 'advisor' and call it news.

5 year contract = staying

He signed a 5 year contract 2 years ago, re-negotiated this season - why re-negotiate to 5 years if you want to leave? Doesn't make sense at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.