Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

oakiecokie said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
can't see technically why he can't apply for sole custody through the British courts if he's so desperate to see them and be with them?

Can someone clear that up for me?

Well Carlos hasn`t got British citizenship,so thats a no no straight away.

how long is it for British Citizenship? 5 years?

Signed on 31 August 2006 for West Ham, so technically if he brushed up on his English he could apply for British citizenship on 31 August 2011?

Then could he pursue it?

KIA is going no where! He's tevez best mate! I feel Mancini is getting fed up with the situation! That's why he keeps saying he has a 5 year contract and Tevez keeps telling him he's happy and wants to stay! Then KIA keeps leaking bullshit to the press! It's how they have always worked it's a partnership

Dribble said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/18/carlos-tevez-leave-manchester-city

Carlos Tevez remains determined to explore the possibilities of a summer move to Spain or Italy despite Roberto Mancini's declaration that the Argentinian had informed Manchester City he had changed his mind and now wanted to remain at Eastlands.

Tevez has been described as surprised and taken aback by Mancini's comments after the 3-0 defeat of Stoke City on Tuesday, when the striker reiterated his importance to the team with two outstanding goals.

Mancini said he had spoken to Tevez on several occasions before and after the FA Cup final and that "he has said he wants to stay". The Italian repeated this several times, in complete contradiction to the account from the player's side that his stance has not changed.

City's captain has told associates he is disappointed by the remarks, believing it to be some clever and political positioning on the part of his manager.

Tevez has a meeting with his adviser, Kia Joorabchian, next week to discuss his options, his favoured one being a move to Real Madrid or Internazionale. Whether that is feasible is not certain, with City valuing him in the region of £50m, plus a weekly salary of about £250,000 to be taken into consideration. However, the Tevez camp will look into whether it can be arranged, in part because of the player's desire to make it easier to see his two young daughters, Florencia and Katia.

They live in Buenos Aires with his former partner Vanessa, and the thinking is that if Tevez moved to mainland Europe they might be persuaded to move with him.

Tevez is frustrated that his family issues are often overlooked, pointing out that it would also be easier, in terms of direct flights, for him to travel to and from Argentina if he lived in, say, Madrid. Vanessa speaks only Spanish and did not embrace life in Manchester.

At the same time Tevez is also aware that City will be playing in the Champions League next season and may be in a position to make an authentic title challenge. He knows, too, that he is the best-paid player in English football, so there are considerations in favour of staying in Manchester. Overall, however, it is almost certain he will press ahead with his plans to investigate whether a move can be arranged.

About the only certainty for now is that Tevez would leave an enormous void if he were to depart this summer. His two goals against Stoke have moved him alongside Dimitar Berbatov of Manchester United as the Premier League's top scorer, both having found the net 20 times. Tevez has 52 goals in 85 appearances for the club.

"Everyone knows what kind of player Carlos is and how important he is for the squad," the midfielder Nigel de Jong said. "It's not only his goalscoring, it's his work rate.

"He's compact and small but he wins every battle with every defender. Where else do you see that? Where else can you find a striker similar to him?

"The answer is there are very few, maybe a couple of others in the world. He is one of the greats at the moment so it's important for the club that he stays. Everybody hopes that he will, but it's not a case of him wanting to go somewhere else. It's a family thing.

"If the gaffer has said that he's staying, it's a pleasure to hear. But we'll just have to hope and see what happens next season."
Where's the story. We knew all that

JoeMercer'sWay said:
oakiecokie said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
can't see technically why he can't apply for sole custody through the British courts if he's so desperate to see them and be with them?

Can someone clear that up for me?

Well Carlos hasn`t got British citizenship,so thats a no no straight away.

how long is it for British Citizenship? 5 years?

Signed on 31 August 2006 for West Ham, so technically if he brushed up on his English he could apply for British citizenship on 31 August 2011?

Then could he pursue it?

It's not going to happen, not least because British courts have no jurisdiction over family matters in Argentina. Besides even if he were to get custody (which as the father he almost certainly wouldn't) which in itself would take longer than the three years left on his contract, he would still need to get them out of Argentina.

Tevez was very happy for us to win against Stoke and for himself to move joint top PL scorer but there was a tension in the body language between Mancini and Tevez as they walked close to each other around the stadium. There was certainly no warmth between them.
I suspect Mancini needs to force Tevez to make a decision. City want to capture targets early and whether Tevez stays or goes has a big bearing on who we buy.
I genuinely think Tevez is torn but I also agree with other posters that his agent is trying to get him to move. IMO I think as the summer progresses Joorbachian will have more influence and Tevez will go. Tevez likes to remain popular with the fans and he will try and make it look like Mancini has forced him out.

Plain Speaking said:
Tevez was very happy for us to win against Stoke and for himself to move joint top PL scorer but there was a tension in the body language between Mancini and Tevez as they walked close to each other around the stadium. There was certainly no warmth between them.
I suspect Mancini needs to force Tevez to make a decision. City want to capture targets early and whether Tevez stays or goes has a big bearing on who we buy.
I genuinely think Tevez is torn but I also agree with other posters that his agent is trying to get him to move. IMO I think as the summer progresses Joorbachian will have more influence and Tevez will go. Tevez likes to remain popular with the fans and he will try and make it look like Mancini has forced him out.
Body language and tension? Hocus pocus nonsense. Irrelevant anyway. Liking and respecting your boss are 2 separate matters. Different managers operate in different ways.

I just have to look at Carlos Tevez's face at Wembley lifting the Cup and at home to Stoke to see that football wise all is well. He's back on form. He's already made it clear he's seeking a solution for his family so the relationship of manager and player is spurious

The way I see it we'll never know how Tevez genuinely feels and what he wants to do, Kia is too involved in his life and Tevez places all his trust in him.

If his excuse for leaving is his family not wanting to live here then why doesn't he just put them up in a nice villa in the north of spain? Its literally a 1 1/2 or 2 hour flight for him to get there, he could even go to see them for a night if he has the following day off.

The way I see it, the family thing is a load of bullshit as to why he wants out, obvioulsy he will miss them but the real reason he wants out is because Kia wants more money and Tevez will do what Kia wants.

Tevez has been great for us but I don't care if he goes, yes he will be missed but he isn't that much of a key figure in our team and we can easily function without him (see the semi final). Either way, if he goes then we move on, if he stays then great.

Cash in on him for top dollar - 50 Million.

Sell SWP, Ade, RSC, Bellamy, Bridge, Viera.

Buy Sanchez, Drogba (on a 2 year contract) and bring Weiss back.

Bank the rest of the money for FFP. Coupled with premier and champs league cash this will leave the club in a healthier situation.

If Tevez wants to leave, that is fine with me. neither AC Milan nor INter can pay him the kind of money he's making right now. Real Madrid and Barca can but i doubt they would pay that much to Tevez.
It's like the guy is never satisfied. I'd rather he be dealt during the summer than having to go through the same thing next season all over again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.