Carlos Tevez sticks to his guns over leaving Manchester City

Let's face it Tevez' loyalty is to Tevez and his family first and foremost. I can't blame him for that though. He has proven that at every club. His PR machine will get going again very shortly but to to be honest he has expressed already that his family will help him make the final decision and 'she' doesn't like Manchester! By all accounts, Vanessa doesn't speak English and won't live here again. If that is the case he will leave for mainland Europe. It doesn't matter how much we pay him it's a family thing and Tevez will go. Yes, he's expensive but so are other players and somewhere there is a swap plus cash deal hiding in all of this.

Whilst Joorabchian is an undoubted cnut of the first order, I'm not convinced that Tevez has any intention of staying. His recent body language simply suggests otherwise. The double handed wave on being substituted, the hasty removal of his shirt from his mouth after scoring that free kick on Tuesday (almost as if he realised immediately that putting it in there in the first place might be misconstrued as demonstarting committment to the club), the very pointed kissing of an Argentina badge on his shin pad, and the wearing of an Argentina flag around his neck as he climbed the Wembley steps, but the prompt and simultaneous discarding of two City scarves that were placed around his neck by supporters. None of it conclusive of course, but all indicative. I love the bloke as a player and for what he's given to the club whilst he's been here, but off the field I think he's the same manipulative little chiseller he's always been, and if Madrid or Milan don't come up with a bid, then I fully expect Tevez to start forcing the issue with more of that old 'retirement' bollocks. Watch this space.

I don't know if its been suggested before ..... surely a good solution is to move his family over to Madrid / Milan or wherever and then he can see them at the drop of a hat. He doesn't have to move to that club to make that work, does he?

Elanos_Right_Boot said:
Let's face it Tevez' loyalty is to Tevez and his family first and foremost. I can't blame him for that though. He has proven that at every club. His PR machine will get going again very shortly but to to be honest he has expressed already that his family will help him make the final decision and 'she' doesn't like Manchester! By all accounts, Vanessa doesn't speak English and won't live here again. If that is the case he will leave for mainland Europe. It doesn't matter how much we pay him it's a family thing and Tevez will go. Yes, he's expensive but so are other players and somewhere there is a swap plus cash deal hiding in all of this.

Loyalty to family means when your employer gives you a week off to go and see them you don't take a tart to teneriffe(i will not forgive him for it ) hes a piss taker

de niro said:
City Raider said:
There are no quotes from Kia or Tevez, its rehashed crap.

Is Taylor pro or anti-City, can't remember

guess.

Taylor is an out and out rag. He was the journo that witnessed a disrespectful tantrum from the Portuguese ladyboy at a press briefing ahead of the 50th Munich anniversary game, but sat on the story on the laughable grounds that he didn't want to divert attention from the solemnity of the occasion. However, he then published it 2 years later as part of a character assassination on the player (doubtless with Taggart's consent), when he started agitating for a move to Madrid. Tells you all you need to know. He's softened his stance on City somewhat this season, but he's still one of Baconface's lackies, just like Ian Ladyman

Spot on Exeter Blue. He didn't stay at the Rags and he won't stay with us. Yes he's given fantastic service...on the pitch, but he doesn't get my vote as player of the season. We can all do without the nonsense at Christmas and my guess is City will cash in but with a player swap deal. Joorabchian will do all the negotiating and Tevez will be an 'innocent' bystander in any fallout.<br /><br />-- Thu May 19, 2011 9:01 am --<br /><br />Depends on who he classes his family as Spanish Blue. This has less to do with Vanessa and more to do with his girls. But there is a chance, by all accounts, that if he moves to Italy or Spain she will move them there and that's what matters to Tevez. I'm pretty sure that he didn't engineer for a split from his kids even though he should have seen that one coming. His form on the pitch tells us that when they are here he plays even better. The toing and froing between here and Buesnos Aires has kept him with us so far but is not ideal and probably unsustaniable. That's why I firmly believe he is off and well before next season starts. I think he will leave us by Tuesday and not return.

If he wanted to move, then he should never have signed a 5 year deal. Nor should he have been advised to.

Saying that, that article is written like a GCSE piece. Here's why he wants to move, here's why he wants to stay, without any connection to what i've just said, my conclusion is he will definately press ahead and leave.

MCFC BOB said:
prodgtopia said:
i don;t want him to leave but why keep him if he's unhappy and prefers to be playing elsewhere...
He doesn't want to play elsewhere... he just want to be with his family.

Agreed. His 'feelings' can be spun two ways:

He probably IS happy at City, enjoying his football and the success it's bringing, doesn't have any big issues with Mancini and will have said as much. That's what Mancini was referring to.

At the same time, he probably IS lonely, misses his kids, and his ex won't bring them to the UK. And this can be spun completely the other way by his 'agent' to drum up deals elsewhere, and happily PR'd for him by lazy lapdog journalists.

This is, and has always been about, one man. Kia Joorbachian. It's a power struggle between Joorbachian & the Club, nothing else.

Joorbachian (through his messangers Daniel Taylor, Neil Ashton and other journo chums) is formally inviting Italian and Spanish clubs to make a bid.

Let's see what happens next...

gaudinho's stolen car said:
I can't see the quotes from Tevez saying he's "taken aback" by Mancini's claims. Have I overlooked something?

No. No facts in that story at all regarding Tevez' feelings on the subject. About as insightful as a post on bluemoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.