Carrington / Platt Lane

blue roo

Do the club own or lease Carrington / Platt Lane?
Are they ours to sell when we move? I'm assuming that Platt Lane Complex will move to our new set up as well? If this subject has been covered elsewhere , please get rid.

I can't see any reason why the club wouldn't own Platt Lane.

I've no idea what the plans are once everything around the ground is complete but I'd be very disappointed if the last link with the area and community around our home for 80 years is lost.

The impression I get from what these owners are about is that they won't allow that to happen.

In order to assist with FFP, they may be sold off as valuable club assets. I understand that an Abu Dhabi supermarket chain has made a 150billion offer..

york away to this! said:
In order to assist with FFP, they may be sold off as valuable club assets. I understand that an Abu Dhabi supermarket chain has made a 150billion offer..

Fuck off. Its worth far more that 150 billion.

Didsbury Dave said:
Carrington is leased and platt lane owned I think

That whole area is on the Mersey flood plain and probably worth very little so leasing was the smart move. The ground the rags use originally belonged to Shell, and has restrictions on it's use iirc
Given the size and scope of the new traning complex, we would only keep Platt lane for sentimental reasons, if we do keep it that is.

bellbuzzer said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Carrington is leased and platt lane owned I think

That whole area is on the Mersey flood plain and probably worth very little so leasing was the smart move. The ground the rags use originally belonged to Shell, and has restrictions on it's use iirc
Given the size and scope of the new traning complex, we would only keep Platt lane for sentimental reasons, if we do keep it that is.
They could always do a variant of the Madrid dodge. Sell it to a leasing company for megabucks then lease it back for £1 a year, or hundreds of £1,000's if that works out better for keeping the books straight ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.