CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I think there would be some analysis into whether it does affect sponsors - they may just ask people. I doubt English media outrage would play that much into decisions of big companies, and especially not when they're aiming at overseas markets.

That would change if there was a serious charge proved, and not just noise.

The Harris-type crud is aimed at clicks online (for cash, based on the worldwide horde of goons - it works for them, and they won't risk straying from it). I'm not sure most MoS readers would have ploughed through 4 pages if they were neutral.
Exactly. The headline is enough to weaponize the hordes. That's all they need to start foaming at the mouth.

One has to ask, is the damage done?

What I mean by this is that it’s fairly obvious to me that these latest stories will amount to nothing, as our audited accounts will see it end exactly how it did at CAS. However, the clubs name in public opinion is mud, you look online with the way we are reported on and it’s obvious.

Now I understand the mentality that as long as City are okay than as blues that should be enough, but does this not impact potential commercial agreements in the future? I get to a point where I wonder if the constant lobbying of our rivals over this, journalists and opposition fans has had its desired impact.
Id say no. We're winners thats ghe thing that counts. And, it isnt stoping the likes of Kane and Grealish (Or anyone else for that matter) in wanting to join the club.

Any claim that involves "smoking gun" emails, long after the CAS ruling, very, very simply doesn't understand the case or for that matter contemporary sports economics.

Is it true that the PL operate under UK law and as such that anything Pinto has obtained by illegal means would not be allowed in a UK court. The court of arbitration in Switzerland might have allowed it.

So it would not help the PL however much Pinto has to say?

Some of the comments towards us from other fans on newspaper sites and in general on social media are vile and some border line racist towards our owners. It's absolutely disgusting to be honest.
It's clear their has been an agenda for 10 years and it's continuing now unabated.

I've had a season ticket last few years to carry on the memory of my Dad who died 3 years ago but to be honest i'm that fed up and appalled by seeing this "cheat" label every single fucking year. It's tiring and it's never ending.

I fully back us 100% but I feel like giving up on football and handing my season ticket in with this shit and with VAR
Maybe that's what these people want all along eh?
Don,t let them get you down ,they are jealous nasty racist bastards ,who will never accept or change their opinions of us .
We don't need their approval,fuck the lot of 'em .
We got the best owners & team going , with the best fans to , must have my blue tinted glasses on again
ha!ha!

Is it true that the PL operate under UK law and as such that anything Pinto has obtained by illegal means would not be allowed in a UK court. The court of arbitration in Switzerland might have allowed it.

So it would not help the PL however much Pinto has to say?

Whats Pinto actually got that isn’t already out there. If he had some smoking gun evidence that there had been some wrong doing why would he hold it back and not ask for more cash from Der Spiegal back in 2019? I call bollocks on the whole thing, the guy is a complete chancer which is why he is in the blackmailing game. Harris colluding with criminals to bring down City, he will be messaging Rolf Harris next to see if he’s got any dirt.

I think there would be some analysis into whether it does affect sponsors - they may just ask people. I doubt English media outrage would play that much into decisions of big companies, and especially not when they're aiming at overseas markets.

That would change if there was a serious charge proved, and not just noise.

The Harris-type crud is aimed at clicks online (for cash, based on the worldwide horde of goons - it works for them, and they won't risk straying from it). I'm not sure most MoS readers would have ploughed through 4 pages if they were neutral.
Sorry but it's not true.

We have major PR issues, most UK, Spanish, Italians and Germans consider us to be cheats, via a vile press and media campaign which is clearly backed by "historical clubs with 'istory".

If you think it does not effect our standing in terms of sponsorship, I think you are simply wrong, it does.

What major International company would want to put hundreds of millions of pounds into a organisation that is considered "dodgy and has falsified its accounts" whoever false it has proved to be.

With the achievements of the club on and off the field, we should have sponsors knocking the door down to be involved with us.

Until the club stops these slurs, they will continue.

If we have nothing to hide and I believe we don't, then lets see some action from our club and owner.

Harris and the MoS must know that the story is regurgitated discredited bollocks. Seems clear to me it’s all about keeping the narrative going that we only get off on technicalities and really we’re cheats. Our only mistake in the last 10 years was taking the pinch when we got stitched up by the changes to the rule interpretation around 2013. We accepted it hoping things would quieten down but unfortunately it had the opposite effect. We should have appealed back then rather than try and ingratiate ourselves with the UEFA and the cartel.
Didn't something similar happen for this case too? About Premier League setting up an arbitration, and City (correctly) questioning its validity, which made the PL change its own rules to force City to submit to them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.