CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I know he's backing us up here, but I'd like to ridicule the fact he's taken a photo of his laptop screen with his phone instead of just taking a screenshot and sending it to himself or tweeting from the PC.
He's definitely had the call, total change of tack in the last hour. Wouldn't surprise me if the BBC headline is changed or removed soon

It comes out in the wash, I guess. For the rules to work then clubs need to cooperate with authorities, and City didn't do that. In CAS's eyes, the whole mess could have been avoided if City had given their evidence over, even if they didn't fully trust the process. I can see why people are a bit peeved by it, but the club will have priced that in, including some of the bad press, and acted accordingly. As far as I can tell, this is as good as we could have hoped for. There is egg on the faces of Uefa, half the Premier League, and a significant chunk of journalists, and we have a chance to go on and win it before signing 3 or 4 world class players - the fine doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things.
But the reputational damage does mean a lot.

Forever tarnishing our achievements in the public eyes. They should be sued to the high heavens as a result of taking a non-case to court purely for the purpose of damaging us.

It comes out in the wash, I guess. For the rules to work then clubs need to cooperate with authorities, and City didn't do that. In CAS's eyes, the whole mess could have been avoided if City had given their evidence over, even if they didn't fully trust the process. I can see why people are a bit peeved by it, but the club will have priced that in, including some of the bad press, and acted accordingly. As far as I can tell, this is as good as we could have hoped for. There is egg on the faces of Uefa, half the Premier League, and a significant chunk of journalists, and we have a chance to go on and win it before signing 3 or 4 world class players - the fine doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things.
But, who says in wouldn't have got to CAS if we'd complied, and if no fine then there wouldn't be anything for the media to hang there hat on.
In the main though I agree with you

I don't often do this but that BBC article has annoyed me enough to make a complaint. It's completely unacceptable that some bitter rag/dipper on their sportsdesk can get away with such a transparently biased article on a supposedly impartial public broadcast service and it's the main article no less.

If you also want to let them what you think
https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint

Copy and paste this link into the text box for reference
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53571659

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.